Used for centuries to make beer, wine and bread, this fermented yeast product also has great benefits loaded with fiber, vitamins and minerals. Incorporating a little into your diet can help balance your blood sugar, normalize the immune system to helping headaches and improve gut health.
Brewer’s Yeast is:
- Loaded with vitamins, minerals and protein
- Supplements fiber, selenium, and B vitamins
- Improves and aids in digestion
- Enhances your immune system
- Increases the milk supply in breastfeeding
Best Brewers Yeast Products
- REDUCED BITTERNESS: After fermentation, the yeast is separated from the beer, roller dried and debittered.
- SUPER FOOD: Brewer’s yeast has naturally occurring protein and several B-vitamins.
- GENUINE WHOLE FOOD SUPPLEMENT: Produced by cultivation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae in the production of beer.
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation).
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968.
- BREWER'S YEAST POWDER DEBITTERED FOR SMOOTHIES - Brewer's Debittered Yeast Powder for lactation cookies, baking & smoothies has little odor. Fresh yeast and brewers yeast powder help increase breast milk supply. 100% Satisfaction to Boost Milk Supply.
- BREWERS YEAST POWDER FOR LACTATION COOKIES - Bake lactation cookies to increase milk supply. Brewer's Yeast Powder (levadura de cerveza) has a strong odor so use a tiny amount on your initial batch and adjust. It's similar to brewers yeast tablets.
- BREWERS YEAST FOR DOGS & FOR DUCKS - Natural tasting powdered brewers yeast without any additives. Our new formula has less odor. Brewer's Yeast (levadura de cerveza en polvo) is edible for ducks, horse, chickens, cats, pets and dogs.
- LACTATION SUPPLEMENT FOR INCREASED BREAST MILK- Gluten Free Brewers Yeast Powder makes tasty lactation brownies, breastfeeding cookies, lactation cookies for increased breast milk. Mix with milk for a lactation drink or lactation protein powder.
- We aim to offer the highest quality and most authentic products. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return it within 365 days. Add to Cart.
- Brewers Yeast Powder / A byproduct of brewing beer but can be used for many different medicinal and nutritional purposes! Is rich in B- Complex Vitamins, protein, iron, and Chromium. It is used to treat both digestive and respiratory problems!
- Lactation Support / So rich in nutrients that it is used as a supplement for breast feeding mothers to support lactation and produce more milk! Use it in cookies, muffins, oatmeal, and smoothies!
- Boost Energy & Mood / Because Brewer’s Yeast is packed with protein, iron, and B Vitamins, lactating mothers are advised to take it as dietary supplement. Not only does it support lactation, but it boosts energy levels and mood, and fights fatigue, all of which are effects of breast feeding!
- Anthony's Brewer's Yeast Powder - for lacatation to boost mother's milk supply
- Batch Tested and Verified Gluten Free, Product of USA
- Great for baking lacatation cookies to boost nursing mother's milk supply!
- Debittered, Unflavored, Unsweetened, Unfortified
- Use Brewer’s Yeast Powder by sprinkling it on cereals and salads, adding it to baked goods, soups, and sauces, or blending it into smoothies!
- RICH IN ESSENTIAL NUTRIENTS: Brewer's yeast contains a variety of important nutrients, including B vitamins, protein, iron, selenium, and chromium, which are essential for optimal milk production in lactating women.
- POTENTIAL MILK PRODUCTION SUPPORT: Brewers yeast supplement is believed to stimulate milk production by providing key nutrients, particularly B vitamins, that are involved in hormone production and milk synthesis.
- ENERGY ENHANCEMENT: Gluten free brewers yeast powder can boost energy levels, which is beneficial for lactating women who experience increased energy demands during the milk production process.
- NUTRITIOUS SUPPORT FOR LACTATION: As a dietary supplement, brewers yeast debittered offers a range of nutrients that nourish the body and support lactation, making it a valuable addition to a breastfeeding mother's diet.
- VERSATILE USAGE: Brewers yeast baking can be incorporated into various recipes, such as lactation cookies, brownies, and bars, to enhance milk supply, making it a convenient option for breastfeeding mothers.
- ALL NATURAL – Solgar Brewer’s Yeast Powder is an all-natural Brewer’s Yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) which is a great source of amino acids, B-Complex Vitamins (B1, B2 & Niacin) as well as other minerals. Premium powder that is unfortified, unflavored, unsweetened and naturally delicious.
- Product Note: Exposure to heat or sunlight may lead to melting/damage of product. Hence customers are expected to be available during the product delivery
- BENEFITS – Brewer’s Yeast supports healthy digestion as well cardiovascular health. It is also used to help promote healthy weight as well as supports lactation in nursing mothers.
- SUITABLE FOR VEGETARIANS – Powder is vegan, non-GMO and is free of Soy, artificial flavors, sweeteners, dairy, preservatives and colors.
- HOW IT’S MADE – Unlike most Brewer’s yeast which is derived from the fermentation of beer with the addition of hops which can impart a bitter taste and odor, Solgar Brewer’s Yeast is produced from beet molasses under carefully controlled conditions. After the fermentation process, the yeast is collected and dried using special techniques to preserve the yeast’s vitamin, protein and mineral content.
- Brewers yeast 10 grain 200 tabs by now foods
- NOWSUPPVitamin-Brewers Yeast/Nutritional Flakes- 200TABS
- Now foods product upc: 733739024107
- Brewers Yeast 1500mg Per Serving Supplement
- 80 Servings per Bottle, 3 Tablets Per Serving
- Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Third Party Tested
- Manufactured in accordance with GMP Standards
- Proudly made in the USA with Guaranteed Purity & Potency
- BREWER'S YEAST: Nutrient packed - a source of naturally occuring B-Vitamins & Trace Minerals
- VEGETARIAN FORMULA: Delivers 1,500 mg of Brewer's Yeast per serving in vegetarian tablets
- ROOTED IN WELLNESS: Carlyle provides premium, honest supplements in your pursuit to healthy living
- CARLYLE MANUFACTURERS: Laboratory Tested, Trusted Ingredients, Superior Quality, 100% Guaranteed!
- NATURALLY FREE OF: Wheat, Milk, Lactose, Soy, Artificial Flavor, Preservatives & Non-GMO
- Brewers Yeast. Horse Feed Supplements
- Manufacturer: ANIMED D
- Manufacturer part number: 90105
- For use as an oral nutritional supplement for horses of all classes and dogs.
Brewer’s Yeast Explained: Beer to Benefit
Loose weight, improve your sleep, help your allergies and improve your immune system with beneficial yeast. This tiny, single-celled fungus comes from the brewing beer. Surprisingly, this bi-product has shown many benefits from insomnia to improving breast milk production.
- Loaded with vitamins, minerals and protein
- Supplements fiber, selenium, and B vitamins
- Improve and aid in digestion
- Enhance your immune system
- Increase the milk supply in breastfeeding
Benefits of Brewer’s and Nutritional Yeasts
1) Brewer’s Yeast is Beneficial for Type 2 Diabetes
Brewers yeast is naturally rich in glucose tolerance factor (GTF), a compound that contains a biologically-active form of chromium [R].
GTF decreased blood sugar, triglyceride, and LDL (“bad”) cholesterol levels and increased levels HDL (“good”) cholesterol in diabetic rats and humans with type 2 diabetes [R].
It also prevents kidney and eye damage in diabetic animals [R].
Glucose tolerance factor achieves these effects by mimicking insulin. It can:
activate proteins involved in insulin signaling pathways [R]
enhance glucose transport [R]
promote glycogen storage [R]
Glucose tolerance factor also enhances the activity of insulin by helping it bind to cells [R,R].
2) Brewer’s and Nutritional Yeast Help with Weight Loss
In a study (DB-RCT) of 54 obese men and women, brewer’s yeast reduced body weight and stomach fat without any negative effects on lean body mass [R].
These results coincide with data from previous animal and human studies (DB-RCT) showing decreased body weight and body fat after yeast supplementation [R, R].
Yeast (from S.cerevisiae) reduces the hunger hormone ghrelin in mice, which may partly explain the loss in body weight [R, R].
It also decreases fat production by reducing the activity of liver enzymes required for making fatty acids [R].
In addition, nicotinamide riboside (found in brewer’s and nutritional yeast) increases enzymes involved in fat burning (sirtuins) and energy usage, thereby increasing weight loss [R].
3) Brewer’s and Nutritional Yeasts May Prevent Heart Disease
A diet rich in brewer’s or nutritional yeasts may lower the risk of heart disease by improving cholesterol and blood pressure levels [R, R, R].
Brewer’s and nutritional yeasts contain many cholesterol-lowering vitamins and minerals:
Niacin (which also increases HDL levels) [R]
Nicotinamide riboside [R]
Glucose tolerance factor (only in Brewer’s yeast) [R]
Consuming brewer’s yeast daily lowered LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels and increased HDL cholesterol in type 2 diabetic patients with high blood cholesterol [R].
Aside from lowering cholesterol, brewer’s yeast also reduces blood pressure. One study (DB-RCT) in 90 adults with type 2 diabetes found that brewer’s yeast significantly lowered both diastolic and systolic blood pressure [R].
The high amounts of potassium, magnesium, and calcium in brewer’s and nutritional yeasts may explain this reduction in blood pressure. According to some studies, a greater intake of these minerals can reduce the risk of high blood pressure, heart disease, and stroke [R, R].
Brewer’s and nutritional yeasts also contain proteins that help decrease blood pressure by decreasing the activity of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE). A higher activity of this enzyme is linked to high blood pressure [R, R, R].
4) Brewer’s and Nutritional Yeasts are Good for the Gut
S. cerevisiae helps promote optimal gut function by:
Clearing away bad bacteria while supporting good bacteria [R, R, R, R, R, R]
Preventing harmful bacteria and fungal toxins from sticking to the intestines [R, R, R, R, R]
Aiding nutrient absorption by increasing gut surface area [R, R]
Breaking down phytate, which increases the absorption of minerals like iron, zinc, calcium, and magnesium [R, R, R]
Preserving gut barrier integrity [R, R, R]
Decreasing inflammation [R]
Fighting infections [R]
Many of these effects are mediated by the presence of prebiotics and probiotics in S.cerevisiae (i.e. beta-glucans and mannan oligosaccharides as well as nucleotides [R, R, R].
Because of this, S.cerevisiae may help treat some gut diseases.Brewer’s yeast improved the outcome of C. difficile-associated diarrhea in animals and humans [R, R].
S.cerevisiae also eased stomach pain and discomfort in patients with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) disease in one study (DB-RCT) [R].
However, Saccharomyces boulardii is the only variant of S. cerevisiae currently approved for probiotic use in humans because of its clinical effectiveness in treating diarrhea and other gut disorders [R, R].
5) Brewer’s and Nutritional Yeast Boost the Immune System
Beta-glucans (sugars found in the cell walls of yeast, bacteria, and fungi) can activate the immune system and boost immune response [R].
These sugars enhance the function of the main cells in the innate immune system including macrophages, neutrophils, and natural killer cells [R].
Beta-glucans bind to specific receptors on these cells, initiating a wide variety of beneficial immune responses (e.g., anti-inflammatory cytokine production) [R].
However, not all beta-glucans are equal. Beta-glucans derived from different sources have unique structures that result in different effects [R].
Research indicates that beta glucans from yeast (i.e., beta-1–3-glucan) have the greatest capacity to activate the immune system [R].
Beta-glucans derived from S.cerevisiae have shown promising results including:
Reduced incidence of bacterial, viral, and fungal infection in mice and humans [R, R, R, R]
Decreased allergy symptoms in mice and humans [R, R, R]
Reduced occurrence of post-operative infection in animals and humans [R]
Decreased inflammation and faster wound healing in animals and humans [R, R, R]
Reduced rate of cancer tumor size and growth in animals [R]
Increased regeneration of white blood cells after radiation in mice [R]
Decreased inflammation in mouse models of arthritis [R]
6) Brewer’s and Nutritional Yeasts have Anti-Cancer Effects
Brewer’s and nutritional yeasts contain ergosterol, a compound that inhibits the growth of human breast cancer cells [R].
One study found that S.cerevisiae killed breast cancer cells by causing programmed cell death (apoptosis) [R].
Brewer’s and nutritional yeasts are excellent sources of selenium, a mineral that has anti-cancer effects [R].
7) Brewer’s and Nutritional Yeasts May Enhance Energy Levels and Improve Mood
S.cerevisiae is a natural dietary source of nucleotides. Nucleotides enhanced endurance and post workout recovery in athletes (DB-RCT), indicating that brewer’s and nutritional yeast may be used to reduce fatigue [R, R].
Patients with chronic fatigue syndrome are often deficient in many nutrients, which can worsen symptoms. A nutritional supplement based on brewer’s yeast (Nagipol) improved cognitive function and mood in chronic fatigue syndrome patients. These effects suggest that brewer’s yeast may be a useful treatment for this disorder [R, R].
Brewer’s and nutritional yeast contains lithium, an element traditionally used to treat mood disorders. Naturally lithium-rich brewer’s yeast improved mood in former drug users (DB-RCT) [R].
8) Brewer’s and Nutritional Yeasts May Promote Healthy Skin
Cosmetic products containing S.cerevisiae extract improved skin moisture, brightness, and smoothness in volunteers [R].
These effects likely stem from the abundant amount of proteins, beta-glucans, vitamins and minerals in S.cerevisiae that have wound healing, hydrating, and antioxidant properties [R, R, R].
9) Brewer’s and Nutritional Yeasts May Improve Brain Health and Cognitive Function
Brewer’s and nutritional yeast are natural sources of nicotinamide riboside, a form of vitamin B3 that is a precursor to nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) [R].
Nicotinamide riboside can safely raise levels of NAD in animals and humans [R].
Higher levels of NAD protect nerve cells and may prevent neurodegenerative disease [R, R].
Increasing NAD levels with nicotinamide riboside restored cognitive function in a mouse model of Alzheimer’s disease [R].
In addition, nicotinamide riboside slowed axonal degeneration in cells by stimulating NAD pathways. Preventing axonal damage can help preserve brain cells after injury [R].
10) Brewer’s and Nutritional Yeast May Protect Against Hearing Loss
Nicotinamide riboside, a form of vitamin B3 found in brewer’s and nutritional yeasts, prevented noise-induced hearing loss in mice. It reduced nerve cell damage caused by noise exposure [R].
11) Brewer’s and Nutritional Yeasts May Promote a Healthy Pregnancy
S.cerevisiae is a rich dietary source of folate, a vitamin that helps prevent major birth defects [R, R].
Oxidative stress is a major factor in preeclampsia, a pregnancy disorder that results in complications to the mother and fetus. S. cerevisiae reduced oxidative stress in maternal cord red blood cells, indicating that it may be useful in reducing oxidative damage to the pre-eclamptic fetus [R, R].
12) Brewer’s Yeast Alleviates Premenstrual Syndrome
Brewer’s yeast in combination with vitamins and minerals relieved premenstrual pain in 40 patients with mild to moderate premenstrual syndrome [R].
13) Brewer’s and Nutritional Yeast Have Anti-Aging Properties
Nicotinamide riboside (which is found in brewer’s and nutritional yeast) extended the lifespan of yeast by increasing NAD synthesis and sirtuin activity [R].
It also promoted longevity in mice by improving mitochondrial function. Mitochondrial dysfunction is a key component in aging [R, R].
14) Brewer’s and Nutritional Yeasts May Improve Thyroid Function
Brewer’s and nutritional yeasts are good sources of selenium, a mineral essential for thyroid gland function and thyroid hormone production. Selenium supplementation decreases anti-thyroid antibody levels in patients with Hashimoto’s disease [R, R, R].
Selenium treatment also restores thyroid gland function in Grave’s disease patients [R, R].
15) Brewer’s and Nutritional Yeasts May Promote Fertility
Brewer’s and nutritional yeast contain zinc, a mineral critical for male reproductive health. Increasing zinc levels in infertile men improves sperm count, quality of sperm, and male fertility [R, R].
Real Supplements gives you the best Brewers Yeast on the market today. Our top-rated lists are fresh and current so you get the best options.
We needed to put together a site we could send our friends and clients to with confidence they were getting the most updated information. We hope this site is used as a reference that will make your purchase easier and with as much knowledge as we can share.
With over 30 years experience in the health and fitness industry, we
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2023-12-06.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.