There are over 1000 studies proving coconut oil to be one of the healthiest foods on the planet. Coconut oil benefits and uses go way beyond what most people think. Coconut oil is a true superfood.
Best Coconut Oil
- ✔️ Naturally Nourishing Coconut Oil for Hair - With its unique combination of natural fats, coconut oil helps hydrate hair and nourish the scalp. It’s ideal for use as a conditioner, detangler, or coconut oil hair mask.
- ✔️ Hydrate Naturally With Coconut Oil for Skin - Coconut oil organic is a naturally moisturizing body oil that can help skin feel soft, smooth and hydrated. Use our coconut oil for face as a makeup remover—or even as a natural alternative to massage oils.
- ✔️ Perfect Coconut Oil for Cooking and Baking - An unrefined coconut oil with a naturally high smoke point (350°F), this is the perfect cooking oil for baking, frying and sautéing. Our pure coconut oil is cold-pressed from fresh, organic coconuts, delivering a rich flavor and aroma.
- ✔️ A Kitchen and Beauty Staple - Whether you’re using our coconut oil for body moisturizer, as a coconut hair oil or as a cooking oil, it’s an all-natural, easy-to-use addition to any lifestyle. It’s perfect for keto, paleo, or gluten-free diets, or just as a tastier alternative to cooking with olive oil or butter.
- ✔️ USDA-Certified Organic & Non-GMO Project Verified - Using some of the world’s highest-quality organic coconuts, our cold pressed coconut Oil (aceite de coco) is USDA-Certified Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, Certified gluten free, Keto and Paleo, plus its grown and harvested organically without the use of harmful chemicals or additives.
- NATURALLY EXTRACTED and NUTRIENT DENSE: Nutiva’s all-natural cold press extraction process yields a pure, light-tasting, nutrient-rich oil containing 63% medium chain triglycerides and 50% lauric acid without the use of dangerous and harmful chemicals, hexane, or heat.
- PREMIUM DIET COMPATIBILITY: Nutiva Virgin Coconut Oil is an ideal addition to vegetarian, vegan, raw, whole food, paleo, ketogenic, and gluten-free diets.
- HEALTH AND BEAUTY: Nutiva Virgin Coconut Oil has natural moisturizing and deep conditioning properties, making it an invaluable part of every body care regimen.
- COMMITMENT TO QUALITY: Nutiva partners with organic farmers to source the world’s finest fresh, organic virgin coconuts and stringently adheres to USDA certified organic and non-GMO guidelines to deliver superfood that is good for you and good for the planet.
- EASY TO USE PACKAGING: Nutiva Virgin Coconut Oil is packaged in safe, convenient, BPA-free packaging.
- 100% PURE & NATURAL FRACTIONATED COCONUT OIL - A versatile carrier oil used for aromatherapy, essential oils mixing, massage, for dogs and pets, and as a hair and skin moisturizer. It is Fragrance Free, Hexane Free, Preservative Free, Chemical Free, and 100% Vegan.
- COCONUT OIL FOR SKIN – Pure coconut oil is light weight and provides a silky-smooth feeling for all skin types without clogging pores. It is a dry skin moisturizer with awesome nourishing properties.
- COCONUT OIL FOR HAIR GROWTH AND HAIR TONIC – Coconut hair oil is rich in antioxidants with powerful properties. It helps improve scalp health and support hair growth, while adding volume and shine.
- DILUTING ESSENTIAL OILS – Essential oils must be diluted with a carrier oil before being applied to skin. Fractionated Coconut Oil is the best carrier oil for essential oils mixing since it absorbs into the skin quickly.
- MADE IN THE USA – Our pure and natural Fractionated Coconut Oil is paraben free, sulfate free, alcohol free and cruelty free.
- This product was previously a Solimo product. Now it’s part of the Happy Belly brand, the product is exactly the same size and quality
- Our certified organic coconut oil is made from fresh coconuts sourced directly from farmers in the coconut regions of the Philippines
- Each jar is cold-pressed, unrefined coconut oil that is Non-GMO Project Verified, certified gluten-free, and paleo-friendly
- With a neutral taste and aroma, our coconut oil is ideal for sautéing, stir-frying or baking without a heavy coconut flavor
- The oil will melt at temperatures above 75 F (24 C) and solidify again under cooler temperatures. Nutrition properties remain the same at all temperatures
- WHAT'S INSIDE: One 15-fluid ounce container Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- NEW LOOK: Your favorite Happy Belly products are now part of the Amazon Fresh family! Packaging may vary, but the product and quality you love are exactly the same.
- HIGH QUALITY, LOW PRICES: Amazon Fresh brand products are all about high-quality food that fits every budget, every day.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: If you don’t love it, we’ll make it right. Call 1-877-485-0385 and we’ll refund you for any reason within a year of purchase.
- ONLY FROM AMAZON: Look for the Amazon Fresh label to find great deals on a wide selection of grocery essentials.
15 Proven Health Benefits & Uses Of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil used to get a bad rap because it has saturated fat, but researchers have discovered that this type of saturated fat is comprised of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs)–most notably lauric acid–that have major health benefits.
In a nutshell, most of our fats including dairy, meat, vegetable oils and others are long-chain triglycerides (LCT) that are more difficult for the body to process. MCTs don’t need to be absorbed by the lymphatic system and are less likely to get deposited as fat, plus it seems that they allow other nutrients to absorb into our bloodstream faster.
Coconut oil is one of the only naturally occurring sources of medium-chain triglycerides, but know that they don’t make up the oil’s total composition–only about 66%. Make sure that your coconut oil is pure (non-hydrogenated), otherwise, everything below is a moot point. Also, it stays solid until it reaches a temperature of 76°F. Incorporate coconut oil into your diet now.
15 Reasons To Use Coconut Oil
1. Coconut Oil Improves Cholesterol
Coconut oil contains lauric acid, a saturated fat that is a type of medium-chain triglyceride (MCT). Lauric acid increases the good HDL cholesterol levels in the blood.
2. It Boosts Immunity
It’s full of anti-oxidants. It has antibacterial and antiviral (more on this below) properties.
3. It Helps Digestive Disorders Like IBD
There is some controversy here because diets high in fat can worsen IBD symptoms. Check with your doctor. Some claim that because the body can absorb MCTs directly into the bloodstream via your intestines, that they provide much-needed nutrients that sufferers from digestive disorders can’t normally absorb.
4. It Can Promote Weight Loss, Especially Around The Waist
Apparently, when coconut oil’s MCTs break down, these healthy fats in the liver increase metabolism (giving you more energy to work out) and positively affect sugar levels and thyroid hormones. According to a 2009 study, some women who consumed 2T of coconut oil per day for 12 weeks, lowered their abdominal fat versus women in the same study who consumed soybean oil and saw no change.
5. Use Coconut Oil As A Natural Moisturizer
My massage therapist, Robin Swan at Firebird Touch Therapy in La Jolla, uses organic coconut oil during massages. She prefers coconut oil over others, such as olive oil, because it absorbs into the skin without leaving a greasy feeling and washes out of clothing easily.
True, right? Also, when we use soap, we wash a protective MCT layer off of our skin. Applying coconut oil re-establishes this natural barrier.
6. It Helps Heal Sunburn
People across the internet swear one of the health benefits of coconut oil is that it’s a sunburn remedy, reporting major improvement after just one application. Coconut oil does provide some natural sun protection, but shouldn’t replace a higher SPF.
7. Replace Shaving Cream With Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a chemical-free, natural lubricant that allows your razor to glide over skin with ease. And, it moisturizes and heals razor nicks. Some people report not needing lotion after shaving with coconut oil. I do though. Put your coconut oil in a plastic, non-breakable container and ditch the shaving cream.
8. Treat Athlete’s Foot, Ringworm, Diaper Rash And Other Skin Conditions
The anti-fungal properties of coconut oil help treat recurrent skin conditions. People use it in combination with tea tree oil, Vitamin E, and herbs. Researchers have discovered that though coconuts grow in many humid environments where fungi thrive, the people living there who consume a lot of coconut oil do not have fungal infections in general.
9. It Helps Treat Acne
If you’re going to use it on your face, invest in high-quality coconut oil. The antimicrobial benefits of lauric acid and capric acid (the same acids found in mother’s milk) basically replenish the protective acid layer of skin and reduce inflammation. Internal consumption of coconut oil also helps acne, because it helps regulate hormones (see above) and metabolism leading to regulated sebum.
10. Use For Healing Minor Cuts And Scrapes
Apply coconut oil to cuts and scrapes as an antibacterial and healing agent. People claim their wounds heal more quickly, painlessly and with less scarring.
11. Coconut Oil Reduces Irritation From Bug Bites
Apply coconut oil after being bitten or stung for almost-immediate relief.
12. It’s Good For Wrinkle Prevention
Applying coconut oil stimulates the turnover of collagen which we all know helps prevent the appearance of wrinkles.
13. It May Reverse Or Slow The Progression Of Alzheimer’s Disease
Please note that this is a hotly debated topic. It is thought that coconut can slow or even reverse the progression of Alzheimer’s Disease. The most notable example is a pediatrician in Florida, Dr. Mary Newport, who fed relatively large amounts of coconut oil to her husband who had Alzheimer’s disease. She claims she was able to somewhat reverse and slow it.
In a nutshell, it is thought that Alzheimer’s Disease is like diabetes for the brain. Insulin issues prevent the brain from accepting glucose. Ketones are an alternative fuel to glucose which the brain will accept. And, ketones are metabolized in the liver after eating MCTs, which are ever-present in coconut oil. Watch this video.
After Dr. Newport publicized her success, others reported similar. She wrote a book, (affiliate link) Alzheimer’s Disease: What If There Was a Cure?, that I read about after it was too late for my dad to be helped (he had early onset dementia). It supposedly helps people with Parkinson’s disease, ALS and other dementias. This topic is so controversial that it is an off-limits discussion in my dementia support group.
14. It Helps Manage Pneumonia Symptoms
A study presented to the 2008 American College of Chest Physicians showed that children with pneumonia who received doses of coconut oil recovered faster than children in the same study who did not.
15. Coconut Oil Is Anti-Aging
With the above health benefits of coconut oil, it seems to keep us alive longer and looking better.
It also helps in treating various skin problems that include the following:
Eczema & psoriasis: Topical application of virgin coconut oil reduces the severity of these conditions.
UV radiation: Coconut oil protects the skin against the harmful effects of UV rays. 
Dermatitis: A study by Allison L.  Goddard and Peter A. Lio suggests that coconut oil is effective in relieving symptoms of atopic dermatitis as compared to mineral oil.  Another study found that virgin coconut oil can be used as an effective way of treating atopic dermatitis
Skin wound: Virgin coconut oil helps to speed up wound healing.
Xerosis  or dry skin: Pure cold-pressed, organic, non-GMO coconut oil is an excellent massage oil that acts as an effective moisturizer for all types of skin, including dry skin.
Antimicrobial activity: Monolaurin is an active component of coconut oil that is found to be antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal in nature. It protects against the harmful effects of bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus that causes pimples and other skin infections.
Burns: Use of coconut oil helps in effectively treating burns. Coconut oil helps to treat burns, prevent secondary infections, retain skin moisture, and speed up the healing process. It also minimizes…
Other: Skin barrier repair
Health benefits of coconut oil include improving heart health by increasing the HDL cholesterol levels, promoting weight loss, treating yeast infections, skin care, hair care, improving digestion, and boosting immunity against a host of infections and diseases. The oil is used not just in tropical countries, where coconut plantations are abundant, but also in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia. People are discovering the wonders this oil can create, and it is again gaining popularity throughout the world.
Real Supplements gives you the best Coconut Oil on the market today. Our top-rated lists are fresh and current so you get the best options.
We needed to put together a site we could send our friends and clients to with confidence they were getting the most updated information. We hope this site is used as a reference that will make your purchase easier and with as much knowledge as we can share.
With over 30 years experience in the health and fitness industry, we
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2023-12-06.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.