Benefits of Flaxseed include helping improve digestion, giving you clearer skin, lowering cholesterol, reducing sugar cravings, balancing hormones and even helping fight cancer.
- USDA Certified Organic Whole Brown Flaxseed
- Batch Tested and Verified Gluten Free
- Product of Canada, Packed in California
- Non-GMO & Natural with No Additives or Preservatives
- Great for plant based, gluten free, vegan, and organic recipes!
- 100% Organic, Gluten and Allergen Free, Kosher, no preservatives, no additives, not genetically engineered
- 4g of fiber, 2800mg Omega-3, and 130mg of lignin's per serving
- Farm to Table, Product of the USA
- Recommended use: Take 1 to 2 tablespoons 2x daily
- 4lb Resealable Pouch
- 100% Natural, Gluten and Allergen Free, Kosher, no preservatives, no additives, not genetically engineered
- 8g of fiber, 6388mg Omega-3, and 360mg of lignans per serving
- Farm to Table, Product of the USA
- Recommended use: Take 1 to 2 tablespoons 2x daily
- 96oz Container
- Promotes Healthy Digestion and Regularity
- Promotes Heart, Breast and Brain Health
- Supports Healthy, Balanced Hormones
- Commitment to re-nourish our country with wholesome, certified organic, non-GMO whole foods brought to you at affordable prices
- Commitment to re-invigorate the backbone of our culture family farmers providing them with guaranteed contracts and fair wages
- SUPERFOOD SUPPORTS HEALTHY CHOLESTEROL and BEYOND: benefits include Healthy Blood Pressure levels, Gut Health, Inflammation Control, IBS, and Digestive Issues. Contains the Highest Amount of ALA Omega-3 of any whole food source.
- EASY TO USE: Add Flaxseed Powder while Baking, to Smoothies, Shakes, or Cereal for a healthy boost. Added Bonus – It’s Great For your Pets too. Just add to their food as a prebiotic supplement. Pet Owners report Improved Coats, Skin Health, and Boosted Immune Systems.
- HIGHEST QUALITY FINEST WHOLE MILLED GOLDEN FLAXSEED: We grow, process, and package our own Flaxseed to tightly control Quality from beginning to end. Manitoba Milling Company’s flaxseed is the finest-milled, thanks to our proprietary milling process, with a powdery consistency just like flour.
- QUALITY TAKES TIME: Our flaxseed is packed with flavor and nutrients due to our proprietary milling process. Unlike others, we lightly cook our seeds prior to fine-milling them, which ensures purity and superior shelf-life. Our process ensures you get 100% of the potential health benefits for the life of the product.
- NO ADDITIVES, NO OTHER INGREDIENTS, NON-GMO: Only 100% Whole Milled Golden Flaxseed containing all of Flaxseed’s natural benefits - Omega 3, Fiber, Protein, and Lignans. Non-GMO Project Verified.
- May help support cardiovascular health.
- Helps support healthy cellular function.
- Plant-based source of omega-3s if you avoid fish in your diet.
- High in ALA Omega-3 fatty acid: 7,230mg per Tbsp
- USDA Organic, Non-GMO verified, Gluten Free, Kosher
- Fresh, cold-pressed and protected from air and light
- Enjoy right off the spoon or mix into salad dressings, yogurt, oatmeal, or smoothies
- Barlean’s is the #1 selling organic flax oil
- HIGHEST POTENCY ALA: NatureWise Organic Flaxseed Oil delivers 720 mg ALA Omega-3 essential fatty acids per softgel, the highest concentration of ALA in any flaxseed oil supplements.
- PLANT-BASED ALTERNATIVE TO FISH OILS: Flaxseed oil offers a cleaner, more sustainable, plant-based source of omega-3 essential fatty acids compared to fish oil supplements.
- PURE, ORGANIC, & COLD-PRESSED: Our pure flaxseed oil is carefully extracted from organic, non-GMO flax seeds without the use of hexane or added heat, helping to preserve the delicate structure of the omega-3s.
- ESSENTIAL HEALTH BENEFITS: Science confirms the importance of omega-3s in a healthy diet, with essential benefits for brain health, heart health, immune support, and healthy hair, skin and nails.*
- ONLY THE BEST INGREDIENTS: Our flaxseed oil supplements are made from 100% natural, organic, non-GMO ingredients with no artificial additives, fillers or binders and are third party tested for purity and quality.
- Highest quality
- Rich in fiber and Omega-3 fatty acids, flaxseeds are heart-healthy and also help protect against diabetes, arthritis and some cancers
- Brown Flaxseed adds a light, nutty flavor and pleasant crunch to foods, while packing a nutritional punch
- Sprinkle into breakfast cereals, stir-fries and hot grain dishes, or use to garnish salads and vegetables
- Add whole Brown Flaxseeds or ground flax meal to smoothies and sauces before blending
- Gluten Free, Kosher Parve Certified, Non-GMO
- BOOST HEART HEALTH - Viva Naturals uses a proprietary cold-milling method that protects omega-3’s from the effects of oxidation, supporting a healthy heart and promoting greater cardiovascular benefits.
- IMPROVE GUT HEALTH NATURALLY - Our flax seeds are finely ground to the softest grade for a higher fiber content and smooth consistency. Each serving provides 3g of dietary fiber for optimal digestive health and regularity
- FEEL FULLER LONGER - A combination of fiber and protein helps keep you satisfied all day long by curbing hunger and cravings. Each serving of Viva Naturals’ flaxseed provides 3g of vegan protein, making it suitable for all diets!
- VERSATILE KITCHEN STAPLE - Our flaxseed adds a pleasant nutty flavor to foods while boosting everyday nutrition. Blends seamlessly in cereals, desserts, smoothies and more.
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC & NON-GMO - Viva Naturals Organic Ground Flaxseed is allergen friendly and is sourced from select Canadian farmers for the finest quality guaranteed!
- Case of Four, 32 oz. bags
- Manufactured in a dedicated gluten free facility; R5-ELISA tested gluten free
- Omega-3 fatty acids; Good source of fiber; Contains lignans
- Vegan egg substitute
- Ingredients: Organic ground golden flaxseed
- USDA Organic. All natural. Gluten Free. Provides fiber, lignans & Omega-3 fats.
- Flaxseed meal has a robust nutty flavor
- Makes a great egg substitute for most recipes.
- Keep best refrigerated or frozen for longer product life
- Supports Cardiovascular Health
- 540mg of Omega 3
- Natural Cold Pressed
- Terrasoul Superfoods Brown Flax Seeds, 2 Pounds
- USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Earth Kosher, Raw, Gluten-Free, Vegan
- Brown Flax Seeds are a well-rounded source of essential nutrients and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Terrasoul Superfoods sources the freshest and highest quality superfoods from all over the planet. Our mission is to make these amazing, healthy foods available to you at the lowest prices possible while paying our growers and employees fair wages.
- 100% Money-Back Satisfaction Guarantee - We stand behind our products and offer a 30-day money back guarantee, backed by an outstanding customer service team.
- 100% Original, Branded Products at Fantastic Prices.
- Supports Cardiovascular Health
- 540mg of Omega 3
- Natural Cold Pressed
- Contains natural omega 3
- Promotes heart and cardiovascular health
- 100% Natural, Gluten and allergen Free, Kosher, No preservatives, no additives, not genetically engineered
- 4g of fiber, 2800mg Omega-3, and 130mg of lignans per serving
- Farm to table, product of the USA
- Recommended use: Take 1 to 2 tablespoons 2x Daily
- Highest quality vitamins and supplements since 1973
- Cold pressed
- Pure and unrefined
- 1 month supply
- GIVE BACK - Your purchase will help feed 250 kids three days a week through our Carrington Cares program. These children are a part of the local Philippine community where we source some of our products.
- UNIQUE PROCESS - Carrington Farms unique proprietary Milling and Micro-Cleanse process assures only the finest Flax Seeds are thoroughly cleansed by natural means, and then surgically sliced, as opposed to pulverized, resulting in a delicious coarse flax seed grind that retains the maximum amount of healthy nutrients.
- NUTRIENT RICH - Our organic milled flax seed contains essential fatty acids, Omega 3s, fiber, and lignans which all provide the building blocks to improved cellular health and one’s overall well-being. Packed
- GREAT FLAVOR - Carrington Farms organic milled flax seed linaza molida presents a palatable subtle nutty flavor that can be sprinkled onto yogurt, salads, cereal, oatmeal, smoothies, fruit, and other finished foods.
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC
Tiny but mighty, flaxseed is one of the most nutrient-dense foods. The seeds come from flax, one of the oldest crops in the world. Flaxseed was first cultivated in Babylon in 3000 BC, followed by Egypt and China. King Charlemagne believed so strongly in the health benefits of flax seeds that he passed a law to make sure his subjects ate flaxseeds. Flaxseeds belong to the Linaceae family and are botanically known as Linum usitatissimum. It is called sana bija in Hindi.
Flax Seed Benefits for Health:
The therapeutic and health benefits of flax seeds are popular around the world. The health benefits of flax seeds come from the high amounts of fiber, antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids present in it. A tablespoon of ground flaxseeds contains 2 grams of polyunsaturated fatty acids and 2 grams of fiber with just 37 calories.
1. High in Phytochemicals and Antioxidants:
Flaxseeds are one of the best sources of lignan, an estrogen-like chemical compound that scavenges the free radicals in the body. It contains 75-800 times more lignans than other plant-based foods. A 100 grams serving provides 0.3 grams of lignan. Lignans promote fertility and reduce the peri-menopausal syndrome. Flaxseeds have strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which mitigate and protect against pneumonopathy.
2. Prevents Cancer:
The antioxidants in flaxseeds provide protection from cancer and heart diseases. Recent studies have concluded that flaxseeds can significantly lower the risk of developing breast, prostate and colon cancer. The lignans present in flaxseeds have antigenic properties. They prevent the tumors from forming new blood cells. The seeds contain ALA, an omega 3 fatty acid that inhibits tumor incidence and interferes with the growth and spread of cancer. Consumption of flaxseeds can also increase survival in breast cancer patients.
3. Improves Digestive Health:
Flaxseeds contain both soluble and insoluble fiber. The fiber present in flaxseeds improves the movement of food through the intestines. The mucilaginous fiber in flaxseeds also improves the intestinal absorption of nutrients. The soluble fiber dissolves in the water and creates a gel-like substance, keeping the stomach full for a longer time.
4. Prevents Cardiovascular Diseases:
The amino and omega 3 fatty acids in flaxseeds can significantly lower high blood pressure. A diet rich in flaxseeds can prevent hardening of the arteries. It also prevents the deposition of plaque in the arteries by keeping white blood cells from sticking to the blood vessels’ inner linings. Lignans in flaxseed reduce the atherosclerotic plaque buildup by 75%. It is also useful in treating irregular heartbeat. The alpha linolenic acid in flaxseeds protects the blood vessels from inflammatory damage.
5. Reduces High Cholesterol:
Research has suggested that eating flaxseeds daily can reduce the cholesterol level significantly. It contains omega 3 fatty acids, fiber and lignan, which work together to reduce cholesterol. The low-density lipoprotein in the blood stream is often linked with heart diseases, obesity and metabolic syndrome.
6. Controls Diabetes:
Several researchers have concluded that daily intake of lignan-rich foods stabilizes blood sugar levels by improving insulin sensitivity. According to research, people who consumed flaxseeds for 12 weeks noticed a significant drop in their insulin resistance. This is due to the drop in oxidant stress caused by its high antioxidant levels.
7. Fights Inflammation:
Inflammation is mostly caused due to the deficiency in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acid is a key nutrient for fighting inflammation in the body. ALA and lignans found in flaxseeds may reduce inflammation by blocking the release of certain pro-inflammatory agents. Consumption of flaxseeds increases the production of two other omega 3 fatty acids, namely eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosapentaenoic acid (DPA), which provide further inflammatory protection.
8. Reduces Hot Flashes:
A study published in 2007 found that consuming 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseeds in women could reduce their hot flashes by half. Flaxseed is a potential aid in managing perimenopausal and post- menopausal symptoms.
Flaxseeds and its oil contain several skin-friendly nutrients that can help to improve the health of the skin. Flaxseed oil is added to a number of skin care products like shower gels, moisturizers and sunscreen.
The high levels of lignans and omega 3 fatty acids promote healthy bowel movements, preventing skin diseases. Omega 3 fatty acids are extremely important for the healthy growth and development of the skin cells. The lignans present in flaxseeds improve the appearance of the skin by reducing the levels of DHT in the body.
10. Skin Healing:
The omega 3 fatty acids in flaxseeds increase the speed at which wounds heal. Flaxseed is best known for its high anti-inflammatory levels. You can successfully minimize skin irritation, rashes, inflammation and redness by regularly consuming flaxseeds. Thus, benefits of eating flax seeds are many for skin. It also shrinks the possibility of acne, dermatitis and psoriasis.
Dry skin can lead to several skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis and other signs of ageing. The essential fatty acids in flaxseed keep the skin hydrated and moisturized. Regular intake of flaxseeds increases the body’s natural oil production, keeping the skin baby soft. A daily massage with flaxseed oil prevents irritants from entering the pores. It also locks moisture into the skin, keeping dryness at bay. Well-moisturized skin also delays the onset of wrinkles, right?
12. Prevents Skin Cancer:
A diet rich in flaxseeds may protect the skin tissues from radiation. Researchers have found that flaxseeds significantly reduce skin damage after sun exposure. The antioxidants present in flaxseeds fight the free radicals, preventing skin cancer.
13. Controls Acne:
Flaxseeds control the production of sebum, an oily substance produced by the skin glands, preventing the onset of acne. Eat 1 to 2 tablespoons of milled flaxseed daily to achieve healthy and younger-looking skin.
You can also prepare a scrub from ground flaxseeds to exfoliate the skin. Mix flaxseed powder with yoghurt, honey and mix well. Scrub your skin gently with it for 10 minutes and wash off. The scrub removes dead skin cells and rejuvenates it, leaving it silky smooth.
Flax Seed Benefits for Hair:
Flaxseeds are packed with nutrients like protein, calcium, zinc, magnesium, iron and omega 3 fatty acids, which are required for the growth of your hair. A daily dose of flaxseeds can make your hair healthy, vibrant and strong.
15. Prevents Hair Breakage:
The high amounts of omega 3 fatty acids in flaxseeds increase the hair’s elasticity, making it less prone to breakage. It endows you with stronger hair.
16. Reduces Dandruff:
The anti-inflammatory properties of flaxseeds reduce the possibility of dandruff, eczema and other scalp conditions. The seeds stimulate the production of sebum in the scalp, preventing flaking and dandruff.
17. Rich in Omega 3 Fatty Acids:
Flaxseed is one of the best sources of omega 3 fatty acids. A deficiency in this essential nutrient can cause dry and brittle hair. Healthy consumption of flaxseeds may make your hair stronger.
18. Prevents Cicatricial alopecia:
Including flaxseeds in your diet can help to ameliorate several hair conditions. The anti-inflammatory properties of flaxseeds prevent cicatricial alopecia, a permanent hair loss condition. Cicatricial alopecia damages the hair follicles severely, preventing the growth of healthy hair.
19. Prevents Male Baldness:
The alpha linolenic acid in flaxseeds inhibits 5 alpha reductase, an enzyme that converts testosterone into Dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT shrinks the hair follicles, leading to baldness. The ALA, linolenic acid and oleic acid in flaxseeds are used as natural remedies to treat male baldness. It also prevents hair loss due to Telogen effluvium.
Nutritional Value of Flax Seeds:
There are two types of flaxseeds- brown and golden. The nutritional profile of both the varieties is almost the same.
Flaxseeds are rich in vitamins, minerals, omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants. It is high in B complex vitamin, manganese and magnesium. Additionally, flaxseeds are low in carbohydrates, making it ideal for people who are on a weight loss and diabetic diet.
Availability and Storage:
Both brown and golden varieties of flaxseeds are easily available in the supermarket and at health stores. They are mainly sold in bulk and packages. Whole flaxseeds last over a year if stored correctly. It is advisable to purchase whole flaxseeds and grind them into powder at home itself. Whole flaxseeds are best stored in a cool and dry place.
The oil present in flaxseed is highly unsaturated. This means that it can turn rancid if stored incorrectly. Flaxseeds are best stored in their own shell. They can easily last for a year if not exposed to heat. It is best consumed within a few weeks of opening.
Flaxseeds are often used as an egg substitute in baked goods. The soluble fiber in this seed adds structure to the cake and muffins.
Sprinkle ground flaxseeds over oats, cereals, yoghurt and smoothies.
You can cook flaxseeds in casseroles, meatball and curries. Use 4 to 8 tablespoons of flaxseeds in a dish serving 6 to 8 people.
It also goes well with dosa, chapatti dough, buttermilk, chutney and upma.
The seeds from the flax plant can also be pressed to make vegetable oil, commonly known as linseed oil.
Add a teaspoon of ground flaxseed to your cheese spread or mayonnaise when making a sandwich.
Most nutrition experts recommend ground flaxseeds over the whole ones. Whole flaxseeds pass through the intestine undigested, preventing you from getting all the benefits. Flaxseeds need to be ground to make the nutrients available to the body. You can use a processor or blender to grind the flaxseeds at home.
Ground flaxseeds lose their nutritive value if exposed to air or sunlight. Store ground flaxseeds in the refrigerator in a cool and dry place to prolong its shelf life. Unlike the seeds, flaxseed oil does not contain fiber or phytochemicals. It is not recommended for this reason.
Does ground flaxseed have more health benefits than whole flaxseed?
Most nutrition experts recommend ground over whole flaxseed because the ground form is easier to digest. Whole flaxseed may pass through your intestine undigested, which means you won’t get all the benefits.
Flaxseed’s health benefits come from the fact that it’s high in fiber and omega-3 fatty acids, as well as phytochemicals called lignans. One tablespoon (7 grams) of ground flaxseed contains 2 grams of polyunsaturated fatty acids (includes the omega 3s), 2 grams of dietary fiber and 37 calories.
Flaxseed is commonly used to improve digestive health or relieve constipation. Flaxseed may also help lower total blood cholesterol and low-density lipoprotein (LDL, or “bad”) cholesterol levels, which may help reduce the risk of heart disease.
You can buy flaxseed in bulk — whole or ground — at many grocery stores and health food stores. Refrigerating whole seeds may extend their freshness. Whole seeds can be ground in a coffee grinder and then stored in an airtight container for several months.
Because some unripe and raw flaxseed can have certain toxins, keep serving sizes to less than 50 grams (5 tablespoons of whole flaxseed) per day. Alternatively, the seeds can be toasted or used in foods that are cooked or baked, which destroys the toxins.
Tips for including flaxseed in your diet:
Add a tablespoon of ground flaxseed to your hot or cold breakfast cereal.
Add a teaspoon of ground flaxseed to mayonnaise or mustard when making a sandwich.
Mix a tablespoon of ground flaxseed into an 8-ounce container of yogurt.
Bake ground flaxseed into cookies, muffins, breads and other baked goods.
Like other sources of fiber, flaxseed should be taken with plenty of water or other fluids. Flaxseed shouldn’t be taken at the same time as oral medications or other dietary supplements. As always, talk with your doctor before trying any dietary supplements.
Real Supplements gives you the best Flaxseed on the market today. Our top-rated lists are fresh and current so you get the best options.
We needed to put together a site we could send our friends and clients to with confidence they were getting the most updated information. We hope this site is used as a reference that will make your purchase easier and with as much knowledge as we can share.
With over 30 years experience in the health and fitness industry, we
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2020-11-26.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.