Green Tea is known to be a powerful antioxidant which which helps prevent cell damage. Green Tea also contains polyphenols. Polyphenols are anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic. Check out our Favorite Best Rated Green Tea below.
Best Green Tea
- WHOLE LEAF TEA: Oi Ocha Green Tea is brewed from first flush whole green tea leaves grown in Japan not from tea powder or concentrate; using the whole leaf means our teas don’t lose any of the health benefits that are naturally present in green tea leaves
- CLEAN AND REFRESHING: Oi Ocha Unsweetened Green Tea has is natural clean tasting and refreshing; putting our iced green tea in a convenient ready to drink bottle means you can have your hydration on the go; it makes a great alternative to traditional sodas
- LOW CALORIE: ITO EN's Oi Ocha Green Tea has no sugars or artificial sweeteners, making it a delicious, substitute for your usual sugary soda or flavored coffee at only 5 calories; try our naturally vitamin and antioxidant rich tea, and you may never look back
- ANTIOXIDANT RICH: brewed from premium Japanese loose tea leaves, Oi Ocha provides natural catechin tea antioxidants and other healthy goodies; a key to good health, happiness, and wisdom, green tea is the perfect refreshment for your health and well-being
- NO ADDITIVES: ITO EN teas are brewed with no artificial colors or flavors so you can be confident that the only things in our bottles are delicious, healthy green tea and natural flavors; it's a refreshing beverage you can always feel good about drinking
- GREEN TEA BAGS - 100 Tea Bags filled with premium green tea.
- ORGANIC GREEN TEA - The tea is blended, filled into tea bags and packed into foil-lined kraft bags in California
- 100 ECO-CONSCIOUS TEA BAGS - Our premium tea bags are constructed of Abacá Hemp Fiber Paper. They are free of dyes, adhesive, glue and chlorine bleach. No staples, strings, bags or extra waste - just delicious tea!
- CERTIFIED USDA ORGANIC & NON-GMO - All our products are certified USDA Organic and certified Non-GMO. Look for the USDA Organic and Non-GMO Project seals on our products!
- LOVE IT OR WE BUY IT - We don’t think you should pay for products that you don’t love. If you aren’t enjoying our products, simply let us know and we will refund your order - it’s as easy as that!
- Delicate Green Tea: Our Classic Green Tea provides essential antioxidants making it delicious and healthy! Enjoy it as traditional hot tea or iced tea
- Individually Wrapped: Bigelow Tea always come individually wrapped in foil pouches for peak flavor, freshness and aroma to enjoy everywhere you go! Gluten-free, calorie-free, and Kosher Certified
- Try Every Flavor: There's a tea for morning, noon, and night time relaxation. Try our English Breakfast, Vanilla Chai, antioxidant Green Tea, decaffeinated teas, organic teas and a variety of our herbal tea bags
- Blended and Packaged in the USA: In 1945 Ruth Campbell Bigelow created our first tea, Constant Comment, a strong, flavorful black tea blended with aromatic orange peel and sweet warming spices. Today, Bigelow is still 100% Family Owned
- Bigelow Tea: Since 1945, Bigelow has been a leader in premium tea and are proud to be a Certified B Corporation - meeting the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability
- Brewed from real tea leaves picked at their freshest, never from powder or concentrate
- No artificial sweeteners or added color
- Unsweetened green tea
- 0 calories per bottle
- Includes twelve 18.5 ounce bottles
- DELICATE GREEN TEA: Our Organic Green Tea provides essential antioxidants making it delicious & healthy! Our tea is not harsh, not too grassy but smooth & very delicate... easy to drink hot or iced. Enjoy the whole cup and then treat yourself to another.
- GREEN & BRIGHT: Green tea is a more delicate brew that is typically lower in caffeine than black & Oolong teas. Include it in your healthy lifestyle. Gluten -free, calorie-free, Organic certified; Bigelow tea delivers on all the health benefits of tea.
- ORGANIC GREEN TEA: Treat your body to the health benefits of antioxidant-packed green tea as you treat your tongue to its fresh delicate flavor. Each sip is a celebration every cup an act of self care. Take an organic green tea break just for you.
- BUY IN BULK: Buying in bulk will save you money and you get a better deal every time. Enjoy your green tea at a great price and discount from buying single boxes.
- UNCOMPROMISED QUALITY SINCE 1945: Since Constant Comment, Bigelow has been a leader in premium tea. Compare our teas to Celestial Seasonings, Lipton, Tazo, Numi, Good Earth, Harney & Sons, Tetley, Salada, Teavana, & Taylors of Harrogate, & taste the difference.
- USDA Organic, QAI certified organic
- Quality fit for a King
- Paul Newman has given over $200 Million to thousands of charities worldwide
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
- 365 by Whole Foods Market products give you that dance-down-the-aisles feeling, virtual aisles too! Our huge range of choices with premium ingredients at prices you can get down with makes grocery shopping so much more than tossing the basics in your cart.
- Our Sencha is a very fine one, and can be found in many homes in Tokyo. It is a very approachable green tea, and a fine choice for everyday.
- Light, delicate tea handpicked in spring
- Steep for 1-3 minutes in boiling water before drinking
- The leaves from this tea are a medium lime green color. Since this is a traditional sencha (futsumushi) the leaves are more identifiable than in the deep steamed (fukamushi).
- NATURALLY CAFFEINATED GREEN TEA K-CUP PODS: One box of 24 Green Tea Pods; Twinings blend of fine green tea has just the right amount of flavour; Giving you delicious green tea with a smooth taste and enticing aroma
- DRINK IN LIFE: With a signature blend of tradition and innovation, Twinings encourages tea lovers to Drink In Life by taking small steps towards feeling good and living well, one sip at a time
- WELLBEING AT THE HEART OF EVERY CUP OF TWININGS: From ethically sourced, quality ingredients to reducing our footprint by being carbon neutral; We believe Twinings can be a force for positive change around the world
- SOURCED WITH CARE: Our responsible sourcing program, which aims to improve the lives of communities from which we source through improving access to water and sanitation, empowering women and enhancing incomes and resilience
- BREW A SPLENDID CUP WITH K-CUP PODS: Using a Keurig or other single-serve brewer; For hot tea, select the 6 oz. or 8 oz. brew button for optimal flavour; For Iced Tea brew over a tumbler of ice using the 8 oz. option
- [USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC] - Our green tea bag is USDA Certified Organic, it's harvested and processed without the use of harmful chemical fertilizers. And it is also Rainforest Alliance Certified, non-GMO and gluten-free.
- [HEALTHY GREEN TEA] - Treat your body to the health benefits of 100% organic green tea as you treat your tongue to its fresh delicate flavor. It is rich in antioxidants and L-Theanine for your overall health.
- [100 COUNT ECO-CONSCIOUS GREEN TEA BAGS] - Our premium tea bags are made from non-GMO plant fiber, and tea bags are unbleached and compostable. They are free of dyes, adhesive, glue, staples, strings, bags and chlorine bleach. No extra waste - just healthy & delicious tea!
- [CAFFEINE CONTENT] - A typical cup of green tea has about 20-30mg of caffeine, and a cup of coffee ranges from 100-180mg. It is typically lower in caffeine than black & Oolong teas.
- [BETTER SERVICE] - We don’t think you should pay for products that you don’t love. If you have any questions, please feel free to tell us and we will do our best to solve them for you!
- FRESH FLAVOR: One box of 25 Jasmine Green tea bags Green tea scented with jasmine flowers Steep for two minutes for the perfect cup of green tea
- ONLY THE FINEST QUALITY: Our expert blenders source only the finest leaves cultivated to our exacting standards by trusted growers around the world From these tea gardens we hand-select the leaves that will shape your next Twinings moment
- JASMINE GREEN TEA: Pure green tea expertly blended and infused with real jasmine flowers to deliver a fragrant tea with a unique floral aroma and taste
- RICH HISTORY: In 1706 Thomas Twining began selling fine tea from an English storefront in The Strand, London Today, Twinings still sells teas from the original store and in more than 100 countries throughout the world
- HAND SELECTED FOR YOUR HOME: Made without artificial ingredients, Twinings natural teas provide a wholesome tea experience If you enjoy Bigelow Tea, Lipton Tea, Harney and Sons Tea, Davidson's Tea, or Prince of Peace Tea - try Twinings of London Tea
- 100% NATURAL GREEN TEA: This refreshing green tea delivers a natural boost to your day. Healthy, stimulating, and full of antioxidants, enjoy this green tea as a cold brew tea or a hot steaming tea cup.
- PURE DELICATE FLAVOR: This green tea from the Camellia Sinensis plant is light and fragrant, eliciting a vibrant golden color. Twining's Green Tea is a style called "Sencha", known for its smooth, mild character and low caffeine level.
- INDIVIDUAL FOIL PACKETS: Individual tea bags are protected in neat recyclable foil packets. Inhale the fresh scent as you slit the foil packet open. Enjoy a more flavorful tea cup with these insulated tea bags.
- PREPARING YOUR TEA: Steep one green tea bag in a tea cup for 3-5 minutes. For creamy sweet tea add milk and sweetener. Use 5-6 bags in a pitcher for cold brew tea. Refrigerate 8 hours. Sweeten iced tea with sugar syrup.
- TWININGS TEA MADE IN THE UK: Since 1706, Twinings Tea has been sourcing and combining the finest herbs and fruit for over 500 English tea blends. Crisp and clear, with a full-bodied taste and fragrant aroma, this natural green tea is refreshing.
- Imozai organic green tea is freshly harvested from a tea plantation in China
- USDA Certified Organic
- Green tea(té verde) has been the herbal supplement with a history of use dating back 4,000 years.
- A typical cup of green tea has about 20-30mg of caffeine,and a cup of coffee ranges from 100-180mg.
- Individually wrapped.Total 100 count
- MATCHA TEA BAGS: These matcha tea bags are perfect hot or iced. Drink hot as a substitute for your morning coffee, or brew & ice for a refreshing, afternoon beverage for the tea drinker on the go.
- GRAB A QUICK CUP: When life is too hectic for a leisurely cup of loose leaf tea, we offer this line of tea bag products for the same delicious flavor, conveniently packaged in individual tea bags.
- TRY THEM ALL: We make a wide variety of delicious tea blends with chamomile, matcha, oolong, mint, peach, hibiscus & more. You can enjoy them as loose leaf teas, tea bags, bottled teas & powders.
- SUSTAINABLE TEAS: We partner with the Japanese farming community to preserve the art & craft of tea harvesting. It's a part of our responsibility to the planet that starts in the fields of Japan.
- THE ITO EN PHILOSOPHY: We believe green tea is a gift nature has given to us to share with others. Our premium quality teas always deliver good taste & unmatched health properties, from the ground up.
- 100% USDA Certified Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder - Pure Shade-Grown Green Tea Leaf Matcha Powder - Grown Without Pesticides or Harmful Fertilizers
- Authentic Japanese Origin - less than 1% of tea fields in Japan are certified organic for strict farming practices. We source directly from partner family farms in Uji and Kagoshima, Japan.
- Create Amazing Matcha Tea Recipes - Culinary Grade Matcha is an affordable way to add a delicious, healthy boost to lattes, smoothies, baked goods, and other dishes
- Healthy Superfood - matcha is rich in antioxidants and is a great source of natural energy and mental clarity
- Love It or Your Money Back - if you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase of our Matcha for any reason, just email us and we'll refund your order in full, no questions asked
- Sencha green tea with matcha blend! Great Taste - noticeable sweeter than other brands!
- Nylon filter bag for optimum water flow during brewing!
- The tag has a slot pre-cut in it to fit on the edge of your cup!
- Green Tea is a proven source of antioxidants, which promote eye health and aid the immune system
- Delicate green tea leaves, traditionally infused with lusciously sweet floral notes.
- Ingredients: Green tea scented with jasmine.
- For the perfect cup use one tea bag. Add freshly boiled water and infuse for 1-2 minutes. Serve pure or with lemon.
- 50 tea bags.
- Taylors of Harrogate is Carbon Neutral Certified, a member of the Ethical Tea Partnership, and Rainforest Alliance Certified.
- USDA Certified Organic
- Brewed with USDA certified organic tea leaves from China and India
- No artificial colors or flavorings
- Real-brewed, organic green tea made with Fair Trade Certified green tea leaves and cane sugar with a touch of honey
- USDA organic and contains no GMOs
- Flavor: Yogi Green Tea Super Antioxidant tea combines bold Green Tea with Lemongrass and Licorice for a lightly sweet and citrus-y blend.
- Benefits: This rejuvenating blend combines Grapeseed Extract with Green Tea to supply antioxidants and help support overall health.
- Organic: USDA Certified Organic and Non-GMO Project Verified.
- Contents: Contains caffeine, Vegan, Kosher, Gluten-free, No Artificial Flavors or Sweeteners, and individually packaged with compostable bags.
- Brewing Suggestions: To get the most out of every cup, bring water just to boiling and steep 3 minutes. For a stronger tea, use 2 tea bags.
- FLAVOR: Yogi Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life tea combines bold Green Tea with bright Hibiscus and sweet Blueberries for a refreshing and lightly sweet Green Tea blend.
- Benefits: Garcinia Cambogia Fruit Extract, Panax Ginseng Root, and Eleuthero Root support stamina in this energizing Green Tea blend that's a delicious addition to a weight loss program when accompanied with exercise and a balanced diet.
- Organic: USDA Certified Organic and Non-GMO Project Verified.
- Contents: Contains caffeine, Vegan, Kosher, Gluten-free, No Artificial Flavors or Sweeteners, and individually packaged with compostable bags.
- Brewing Suggestions: To get the most out of every cup, bring water just to boiling and steep 3 minutes. To energize and support a dieting program, drink throughout the day.* For a stronger tea, use 2 tea bags.
What’s the first thing you reach for when you roll out of bed in the morning? If you’re like us, it’s either coffee or tea. Both are fiercely defended as the best breakfast beverage, and there’s merit to both sides: Coffee is the No. 1 source of antioxidants for Americans, and it may protect against diabetes.
But tea drinkers likely have the upper hand—especially when their beverage is green. New findings out of Columbia University’s Medical Center suggest that when women with breast cancer take oral green tea extract, Polyphenon E, their conditions improve.
Green tea comes from the leaves of the camellia sinensis plant, which is a small shrub that is native to East Asia and India (Tea Revolution, n.d.). While the drink has been enjoyed for centuries, even today, scientists continue to uncover new and exciting benefits of the beverage. Enjoying one or more cups of green tea per day could help you unlock some of these benefits.
1. Green Tea Is a Natural Stimulant
Green tea is a natural source of caffeine, making it a great way to perk yourself up when you’re feeling tired. The good news is that green tea contains less caffeine than coffee, meaning that you can sip this beverage throughout the afternoon without significantly disturbing your sleep or suffering through the jittery side effects of a caffeine overdose (Mayo Clinic, 2014).
2. Green Tea Might Help Fight Off Cancer
Your cells naturally accumulate oxidative damage during regular cell metabolism. A class of molecules called antioxidants can prevent or even reverse that damage. One of the most powerful antioxidants is called epigallocatechin gallate, and it is found in high levels in green tea. Epigallocatechin gallate has been shown to reduce the growth of breast and prostate tumors (Liao et al., 1995).
3. Minimal Processing Leaves Nutrients Intact
Unlike soda, another common source of caffeine, tea is relatively unprocessed. After picking the leaves, they are allowed to soften before being rolled to wring out their juices (Tea Class, n.d.). After heat is applied to the leaves, they are dried and ready to use. This minimal amount of processing means that green tea retains many of the phytonutrients that are available in the actual tea plant.
4. Green Tea is Associated with Lower Heart Disease Risk
Green tea may also be good for your heart. In a study of 40,530 Japanese individuals followed over seven years, drinking three to four cups of green tea per day was associated with a 31% lower risk of dying of cardiovascular disease (Kuriyama, 2006).
5. It May Rev Up Your Metabolism, Helping You Lose Weight
The phytonutrients in green tea may also help you lose weight and keep it off. A 2009 meta-analysis of studies in this area found that drinking catechin-rich green tea significantly reduced body weight (Hursel et al., 2009). Furthermore, people who drank green tea were more likely to maintain a healthy weight after significant weight loss.
6. Green Tea Balances Your Ratio of Good and Bad Cholesterol
Not all cholesterol is bad for you. Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol is associated with cardiovascular risk, while high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol could actually protect you against heart disease. Although the exact mechanisms of this effect are unknown, the phytonutrients in green tea appear to be connected to balanced LDL and HDL cholesterol levels, helping to keep them in a healthy range (Maron et al., 2003).
7. Green Tea May Help You Chill Out
Green tea contains the amino acid L-theanine, which is found almost exclusively in tea plants (Raj Juneja et al., 1999). L-theanine acts as a neurotransmitter in the brain, meaning that it sends signals to neurons. Several studies have shown that L-theanine appears to increase alpha-wave generation in the human brain, signalling a state of relaxation (Raj Juneja et al., 1999).
8. It May Protect Your Brain Against Alzheimer’s Disease
Alzheimer’s disease is characterized by profound changes in memory and thinking abilities. This neurodegenerative disease currently has no cure. However, the antioxidants in green tea appear to reduce the likelihood that you will develop Alzheimer’s disease (Weinreb et al., 2004).
9. It May Also Provide Protection Against Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s disease is a neurodegenerative condition that affects movement and fine motor control. Like Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease is progressive and has no cure. The polyphenols in green tea may protect against cell injury caused by neurotoxins while promoting the survival of healthy cells (Pan, Jankovic, & Weidong, 2003).
10. Drinking Green Tea Keeps Your Mouth Healthy
Combine green tea and milk for a delicious treat.
Your mouth is a breeding ground for bacteria. Green tea has natural antibiotic and antifungal properties. In fact, growing evidence suggests that drinking green tea could protect against cavities and bad breath (Narotzkia, 2012).
11. Green Tea Compounds Could Fight Against MRSA
Methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus, or MRSA, is a strain of antibiotic-resistant bacteria that is often transmitted in health care settings. Unlike regular staph infections, MRSA is not easily treated with antibiotics. Thus, new avenues for treatment are needed. Some preliminary evidence indicates that green tea may be helpful in the fight against MRSA (Zhao et al., 2001).
12. Drinking Green Tea May Stabilize Blood Sugar Levels
The flavonoids in green tea, including epigallocatechin gallate, have been shown to decrease the liver’s glucose production. This means that your body regulates blood sugar more effectively, keeping your glucose levels within a healthy range (Waltner-Law, 2002).
13. Green Tea Can Lower Your Risk of Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is becoming an epidemic in the United States, with nearly 10% of the population having this condition (American Diabetes Association, 2016). Drinking green tea could lower your risk. Compared to those who drank one cup per week, participants who drank more than six cups of tea per day had an astonishing 33% lower risk of type 2 diabetes (Iso et al., 2006). This effect remained even after researchers controlled for factors such as age, sex, and body mass index.
14. The Fluoride in Green Tea Promotes Healthy Teeth
Green tea contains fluoride, the mineral that is added to the water supply to support stronger dental health (Fung et al., 1999). Small increases in the amount of fluoride can prevent bacteria from attacking teeth.
15. Green Tea Keeps Bones Strong
This lavish latte provides a great way to enjoy the nutritional benefits of green tea.
Loss of bone strength is a major public health problem, particularly for postmenopausal women, who are at high risk for osteoporosis. The polyphenols in green tea may increase bone mass, protecting bone tissue from damage (Shen et al., 2008).
16. Antioxidants in Green Tea Boost the Immune System
Drinking green tea might fend of the sniffles this winter. In a randomized controlled trial, 32% fewer participants taking green tea extract developed cold or flu symptoms compared to a placebo control group (Rowe et al., 2006). The exact mechanisms behind this effect are unknown, but they could be related to the vitamin C content in green tea.
17. Green Tea Keeps You Looking Youthful
Not only is green tea good for your physical health, but it could also keep you looking great! Beauty experts commonly use green tea products for their anti-inflammatory effects. For instance, a combined regimen of 10% green tea cream and green tea supplements improves the elasticity of skin, which keeps your skin looking more youthful as you age (Chiu et al., 2005).
18. Green Tea Can Help You Reduce Your Sugar Intake
Green tea is a healthy choice for those worried about added sugars, because it naturally contains zero grams of sugar. Compared to soda and fruit juice, which both contain a lot of sugar, green tea is the healthier choice. If you are accustomed to sugary beverages, it may take some time to adjust to the more astringent flavor of green tea. One good way to reap the benefits of green tea is to mix a tablespoon or two of matcha green tea powder into your smoothies until you get used to drinking green tea on its own.
19. Green Tea Can Boost Your Productivity
As a mild stimulant, green tea can help you concentrate better. If you are feeling a mid-afternoon slump, brew yourself a cup of green tea to perk yourself up and enhance your productivity.
20. Green Tea is Connected to Longer Life
The accumulated health benefits of green tea mean that it may help you live longer. Indeed, one large study that followed participants over 11 years found that drinking three or four cups of tea each day lowered risk of mortality by 5% for men and 18% for women (Kuriyama, 2006).
Quick Facts About Green Tea
- Green tea consumption was thought to have originated in China about 4,000 years ago.
- Though green tea originated in China, its production today has spread to numerous other Asian countries.
- Green tea is believed to be first brewn in 2737 BC during the reign of Emperor Shennong.
- Green tea is 99.9% water, and offers 1 calorie for every 100 ml serving.
Green tea is synonymous with health today. The tea offers various benefits, some of the most important ones being better heart health, weight loss, and prevention of serious ailments like cancer and diabetes. Green tea also helps improve depression symptoms.
Real Supplements gives you the best Green Tea on the market today. We keep our lists fresh and current so you get the best options and top rated products
We needed to put together a site we could send our friends and clients to with confidence they were getting the most updated information. We hope this site is used as a reference that will make your purchase easier and with as much knowledge as we can share.
With over 30 years experience in the health and fitness industry, we
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2022-10-02.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.