Healthy Peanut Butter
Peanut Butter should be a healthy snack, but you will find most commercial brands are packed with sugar and fillers.
Best Healthy Peanut Butter
- Includes one 28-Ounce Classic Peanut Butter Spread Jar, made with only two ingredients using a proprietary nut grinding method to deliver incredible texture and taste. Try it on crackers, in sandwiches, in baking and cooking, with apples or celery or just enjoy a spoonful. Family size jar!
- Made with only two ingredients, including only Orangutan-friendly palm oil, Certified Gluten-Free, Non-GMO Project Verified, Kosher
- Our nut butters, snacks, and confections are made with the highest quality, responsibly sourced ingredients and we prioritize domestic sourcing, give back to support hunger relief, pollinators, and invest in sustainable packaging solutions.
- Try our honey peanut butter and our other flavors of almond butter (like PB, but with almonds!) - Honey, Cinnamon, Maple, Chocolate Hazelnut, Coconut, and Vanilla. Plus for a treat, our peanut butter and nut butter cups! Afterall, what's better than peanut butter... peanut butter and chocolate!
- Just like the first batch Justin Gold whipped up in his home kitchen, our nut butters use only the best ingredients around. Not too crunchy, not too smooth, just perfect.
- PEANUT BUTTER SPREAD: This peanut butter spread delivers incredible flavor and essential protein.
- PROTEIN PACKED: One serving contains 10 grams of protein—42% more than traditional peanut butter!
- PLANT BASED: This plant-based spread is compatible with keto diets.
- NO PALM OIL: Without palm oil, our peanut butter tastes great and also free from any hydrogenated oils.
- CLEAN INGREDIENTS: Made with clean ingredients to keep your peanut butter close to raw protein.
- Your Healthy Peanut Butter – Indulge in our gluten-free, no salt, no sugar added nut butter. This vegan butter spread is also kosher, bpa-free, and non-gmo.
- Made Only with the Best-Tasting Raw Peanuts – There are 540 kinds of raw peanuts in each nut butter jar. We naturally processed these Us-grown ground nuts to perfection.
- No Unnecessary Ingredients – Just use a peanut butter stirrer to blend the pure peanut oils with the ground peanuts. Once blended, enjoy our easy-to-spread keto nuts butter without fillers, additives, or stabilizers.
- Supports Your Healthy Diet – Our zero-cholesterol, vegan peanut butter is an unsweetened and unsalted peanut butter that doesn’t contain palm oil or hydrogenated oil.
- Versatile Gourmet Peanut Butter – It makes a great cookie butter spread. You may also use it for making pb bites, peanut butter sauce, peanut butter jelly sandwiches, peanut butter toast crunch, peanut butter honey oatmeal, and more.
- SALTED CARAMEL PEANUT SPREAD, Sometimes you crave salty, sometimes sweet. This one is the perfect blend of both. Rich caramel tones and a pinch of sea salt make this a cravings crusher. 9 grams of protein. Flax for omega 3's. And 98% lactose-free.
- SO MANY WAYS TO ‘N JOY, So good you’ll want to eat it right off the spoon. A delicious guilt-free treat, spread it on fruit, add to smoothies, pancakes, protein shakes, breakfast oatmeal, cookie recipes, energy bars or protein balls. Be creative!
- SAY GOODBYE TO THE CRAVING, Say hello to a delicious way to eat healthier. Tell your sweet tooth its payback time with a convenient high protein snack, health supplement, dessert or meal replacement. Crush hunger with great taste that’s good for you!
- WHOLE FOOD NUTRITION, we’ve pumped up the protein to almost double that of ordinary peanut butter using only high-quality isolate whey protein from happy cows. We boosted the antioxidants, essential fats and fiber, and banned all fillers and binders.
- INDULGENTLY DELICIOUS, You deserve MORE! We put the fun back into healthy eating with MORE fabulous flavors. So now you can look forward to living a balanced healthy lifestyle. MORE protein. MORE flavors. MORE delicious. What more can you ask for?
- 4g of Protein and only 2 g of Fat Per Serving, IT'S THE SKINNY ONE!
- Only 100 calories per serving, 85% less fat than regular peanut butter
- 47% Fewer Calories than Regular Peanut Butter
- Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Palm Oil Free, and Kosher
- NON-GMO Project Verified & No Preservatives
- Exceptionally Tasty - We've kept our smooth and creamy homestyle peanut butter simple. This vegan peanut butter is made from a carefully ground golden roasted peanuts with a pinch of New Zealand salt.
- Healthy and Delicious - We source the healthiest ingredients for this all natural peanut butter. A keto friendly food, it has no sugar and palm oil. Truly a perfect gourmet food to match your keto desserts and other recipes for a keto or paleo diet!
- Versatile Spread - Enjoy this sugar free peanut butter any way you want! Spread this creamy peanut butter on sliced banana; add it to oatmeal with coconut milk and stewed fruit topping; or add it to a smoothie with milk, banana and cacao.
- Lovingly Made - We ensure that each jar of peanut butter is made according to our New Zealand recipe, by a team of dedicated nut butter makers in the US.
- Multi Award-winning - Fix and Fogg’s Everything Butter is the winner of the Gold award in the Nut, Seed & Confectionery Butters category of the Specialty Food Association’s 2020 Sofi Awards. We were featured in New York magazine as the "Best Flavored Peanut Butter" It is also one of our favourites and the most renowned peanut butter spread on the market!
- ALL AMERICAN PEANUT BUTTER: Made from 100% American grown roasted peanuts, it has real peanut flavor no high fructose corn syrup. No hydrogenated oils, no powdered sugar, gluten free. Non-GMO RSPO Certified. HomePlate Honey peanut butter spread is Made in USA, founded by a group of professional baseball players seeking an indulging, delicious and better for you peanut butter to energize their fitness routines.
- NDULGENT AND BETTER FOR YOU: The possibilities are endless with HomePlate Honey Peanut butte. We created a deliciously sweet, healthy peanut butter spread. Our honey penut butter stays soft in your pantry so you can spread it or squeeze over your favorite desserts. No added preservatives, artificial flavors or colors. No separation, No oily mess, No refrigeration needed.
- WHOLESOME INGREDIENTS: Made from roasted peanuts and natural sustainable sourced ingredients to give you the energy you need. VEGAN, KOSHER No High Fructose Corn Syrup. No Hydrogenated Oils. Non-GMO. RSPO Certified (Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil.)
- SPREAD, BAKE or BLEND No matter what you make Home Plate is the best peanutbutter for you! Its’ perfect balance of texture and softness is ideal for mixing together a quick smoothie, fix penut butter and jelly sandwiches, baking cookies or oeanut butter balls. You can make peanut sauce for fresh spring rolls or cook a savory pad thai sauce. Nothing beats the simple enjoyment of a spoonful of fresh and tasty peanut butter, just grab a spoon and enjoy!
- TRY ALL FLAVORS: Check out our store for our full range of peanut butter spreads. Every flavor is a homerun! HomePlate peanut butter comes in 3 delicious varieties: Crunchy, Creamy and Honey. Try HONEY for a sweet flavorful experience, CRUNCHY to taste delicious chunks of real fresh peanuts or CREAMY, so soft and spreadable that you can drizzle it and use it as a topping on ice cream, toast or smoothie bowls.
- Gluten free, no cholesterol, product of the USA
- THE NUT BUTTER THAT'S MORE THAN NUTS: Combining tasty, high-value ingredients (like egg whites, dates, and nuts) in a smooth, satisfying texture, this peanut butter snack is nutritious and tastes great.
- SIMPLY DELICIOUS PEANUT BUTTER: Made with a few simple ingredients, this creamy peanut butter snack will satisfy your sweet and salty cravings without any of the bad stuff.
- ALL THE GOOD STUFF, NO B.S.: No artificial colors, no artificial flavors, and absolutely no fillers. Just real food that tastes good and is good for you.
- ADD TO SMOOTHIES, TOAST, OR ENJOY ON ITS OWN: Tastes great with fruit, toast, oatmeal, smoothies, protein shakes, yogurt, or straight from the jar.
- ALL THE GOOD STUFF, NO B.S.: No gluten, no soy, no dairy, no artificial flavors, non-GMO, no preservatives, and absolutely no fillers. The way it should be.
- One 16 oz jar of Smart Balance Creamy Peanut & Flaxseed Oil Spread
- A delicious alternative to regular peanut butter
- Use as a peanut butter substitute in your favorite recipes and on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
- Peanut butter spread substitute with 300 milligrams of omega-3 ALA per serving
- Gluten free and lactose free Smart Balance peanut butter alternative
- PEANUT BUTTER POWDER: All-natural PBfit Pure Peanut has 82% less fat than traditional peanut butter. Made from roasted, powdered, and raw peanuts, it has real peanut flavor without the high fat, sugar, or salt
- PROTEIN POWER: With 9g of protein in one serving of natural PBfit, you'll get a boost of protein right before your workout. Add it to your morning shake or smoothie for a creamy peanut butter taste
- ONE INGREDIENT: Made with 1 simple ingredient, peanuts, this powder is packed with peanut butter flavor without the added fillers. Try this PB powder in your favorite smoothies or baking recipes
- DELICIOUSNESS DEFINED: Pure peanut butter powder is gluten-free, dairy-free, and soy-free but not taste-free. Mix this powdered keto peanut butter into bread, cookies, pancake batter, and waffles
- EDUCATE YOUR TASTEBUDS: BetterBody Foods products combine better for you ingredients with delicious flavor. We are committed to healthy, natural, and organic foods made with natural, simple ingredients
- ONLY ONE INGREDIENT: 100% Non-GMO Roasted Peanuts with no additives. Naked PB contains no added sugar or salt and is gmo, dairy, soy and preservative free.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our powdered peanut butter is sourced exclusively from peanuts grown on US Farms and is processed and packaged in the US as well.
- MAXIMUM NUTRITION: 6g of Protein, 4g of Carbs, 50 Calories, and 0.9g of BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids) per serving.
- HEAVY METALS TESTED: Our All Natural Powdered Peanut Butter is independently tested by third-parties for heavy metals.
- VEGAN PROTEIN FOOD: Naked Powdered Peanut Butter is an excellent source of low fat protein for vegans and can be incorporated into savory or sweet recipes.
- NATURAL: One 16oz jar containing 100% natural olive oil, salt , and roasted peanuts makes for an amazing taste experience
- PROTEIN: Each serving is packed with 8 grams of protein
- PLANT BASED: 100% Plant based, this peanut butter is compatible with high-protein diets and is keto friendly
- NO PALM OIL: Free from palm oil and has NO hydrogenated oils
- NON-GMO & GLUTEN FREE: Non GMO Project Verified & Gluten Free Certified
- PROTEIN POWDER: with 8g of protein in one serving of Organic PBfit, you can get a boost of protein right after your workout at the gym. Try adding it to the protein powder you already use or use it in your morning smoothie for a delicious protein boost. Great for men and women
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: Organic PBfit is made with 3 simple ingredients: organic peanut flour, organic coconut palm sugar, and salt. Did we mention it's all natural and gluten-free. It’s just pure, delicious, peanut butter flavor in a versatile low-fat powder
- DELICIOUSNESS DEFINED: for a tasty, reduced-fat peanut butter spread, mix 2 Tbsp. Of dry PBfit with 1.5 Tbsp. Of water. Stir until smooth, and spread anywhere you would put regular peanut butter
- BLEND, BAKE, OR SPREAD: when it comes to the uses for Organic PBfit, The possibilities are endless. Mix into baked goods like bread, pancakes, waffles, and cookies to add a great peanut butter flavor. You can also blend it into breakfast smoothies and other drinks for a tasty, low-fat protein boost after the gym
- ALL NATURAL PBFIT: Organic PBfit Peanut Butter Powder has 87% less fat and about 1/3 of the calories compared to regular peanut butter (when prepared as directed) yet it's made from real roasted pressed peanuts. So you get real peanut flavor without all the fat and calories
- All Natural PBfit has 87% less fat & about 1/3 of the calories compared to regular peanut butter (when prepared as directed) yet it's made from real roasted pressed peanuts. So you get real peanut flavor without all the fat & calories.
- PROTEIN POWER: With 8g of protein in one serving of Original PBfit you can get a boost of protein right after your workout. Try adding it to the protein powder you already use or add it to your morning smoothie for a deliciously peanutty protein boost.
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: Original PBfit is made with 3 simple ingredients that you can pronounce: peanuts, coconut palm sugar & salt. Did we mention it's all natural and gluten free. Just pure, delicious, peanut butter flavor in a versatile low-fat powder.
- DELICIOUSNESS DEFINED: For a delicious, reduced-fat peanut butter spread, combine 2 tbsp. PBfit with 1 ½ tbsp. water. Stir until smooth, and spread anywhere you would put regular peanut butter.
- EDUCATE YOUR TASTEBUDS: BetterBody Foods products combine healthy ingredients with delicious flavor. Compare to products from Jif, Naturally More, Skippy, PB2, Peanut Butter & Co., 365 Everyday Value, Lindsay, Teddie, Adam's, Peter Pan, or Justin's.
- PROTEIN POWER: with 8g of protein in one serving of PBfit Peanut Butter Powder, you can get a boost of protein right after your workout at the gym. Try adding it to the protein powder you already use or use it in your morning smoothie for a delicious protein boost. Great for men and women
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: original PBfit is made with 3 simple ingredients: peanuts, coconut palm sugar, and salt. Did we mention it's all natural and gluten-free? It’s just pure, delicious, peanut butter flavor in a versatile low-fat powder
- DELICIOUSNESS DEFINED: for a tasty, reduced-fat peanut butter spread, mix 2 Tbsp. Of dry PBfit with 1.5 Tbsp. Of water. Stir until smooth, and spread anywhere you would put regular peanut butter
- BLEND, BAKE, OR SPREAD: when it comes to the uses for PBfit, The possibilities are endless! Mix into baked goods like bread, pancakes, waffles, and cookies to add a great peanut butter flavor. You can also blend it into breakfast smoothies and other drinks for a tasty, low-fat protein boost after the gym
- ALL NATURAL PBFIT: PBfit Peanut Butter Powder has 87% less fat and about 1/3 of the calories compared to regular peanut butter (when prepared as directed) yet it's made from real roasted pressed peanuts. So you get real peanut flavor without all the fat and calories
- SKIN-FREE, CALIFORNIA ALMONDS – We blanch premium California almonds to remove the skin to produce an ultra-smooth, no-stir, grit-free texture
- BARE ESSENTIALS - Only two ingredients - Blanched Roasted Almond and Palm Fruit Oil; the same great taste without added sugar or salt
- NON-GMO - Our small-batch blends use only the finest ingredients
- ALLERGEN FREE – Peanut-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free
- FITS YOUR LIFESTYLE - Clean eating plant based protein that is certified Paleo, KETO, Vegan and Kosher
- THE ORIGINAL NUT & SEED BUTTER: Upgrade your raw almond butter organic spread with the one that started a whole nut butter revolution and turned health food upside down! NuttZo Organic Power Fuel offers a crunchy and nutritious blend of seven nuts and seeds including cashews, almonds, brazil nuts, flax seeds, chia seeds, hazelnuts and pumpkin seeds.
- POWER FUEL FOR ACTIVE LIFESTYLES: Life is nuts, so we made NuttZo! Our plant-based fit butter is a versatile protein food to blend into your workout and fitness routine or just for healthy snacks at home and on the go. Add to smoothies for monster energy, drizzle on your favorite pancakes or desserts, spread on fruit, crackers and veggies, make a trail butter sandwich or just savor the eatnuttzo life by the spoonful. However you like, snack on!
- CLEAN EATING & PEANUT FREE: This NuttZo butter is a dream combo of organic almond butter, cashew butter organic spread, pumpkin seed butter, flax seeds organic butter, brazil nut butter, hazelnut spread and chia seed butter. There are no peanuts, but if you crave that organic peanut butter creamy spread, we’ve got you covered with NuttZo Peanut Pro Smooth, our natural peanut butter organic alternative for sugar free peanut butter lovers.
- NUTRITIOUS AND DELICIOUS: Unlike some other nut spreads, our gourmet peanut butter has no added sugar, no palm oil, 6g of protein, and non-GMO ingredients. This low carb natural vegan butter is paleo and keto-friendly, gluten-free and Kosher. It’s made for literally everyone in your home.
- UPSIDE DOWN FOR EASY STIRRING: NuttZo fit butters do not contain preservatives, stabilizers, palm oils or artificial ingredients, so this product is more susceptible to ingredient separation, making the oils appear to have settled on top. This is perfectly normal. Use one beater in a hand-mixer or a butter knife to stab and stir into a creamy butter. Refrigerate or store in cupboard lid-side-up once opened and stirred.
- Made with love in California, USA, made in small batches, and made with just one ingredient: Dry-roasted organic peanuts.
- All-Natural, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, preservative-free, sugar-free, salt-free, certified kosher, non-GMO, no palm fruit oil and no junk.
- No added sugar
- No added salt
- GAME CHANGING PEANUT BUTTER: Providing the rich essence of a true peanut butter by definition. Made with 91.2% carefully roasted peanuts and containing a whopping 84% of GOOD fats. Delivering a mouth-watering, rich nut butter preserves all the things we all love about peanut butter.
- DELICIOUS LOW CALORIE, LOW CARB CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER: This healthy spread is great to be served at breakfast time or as a snack paired with porridge, toast, yogurt or put into a smoothie to keep you feeling energized throughout the day.
- HEALTHY FATS & SUGAR FREE: Perfect when wanting a smooth and creamy texture at breakfast time. This peanut butter is great for when you are on your health kick. Acceptable for keto diets and diabetic friendly, with it being low calorie, low carb and zero trans-free but still extremely delectable.
- VEGAN AND PALM OIL FREE: Enjoy this spread knowing it is a fantastic source of protein, made for those trying to make conscious efforts to cut down on sugary and fatty spreads whilst also being sustainable as it does not contain palm oil and is vegan friendly.
- GREAT FLAVOUR: Although this peanut butter focuses on an array of health benefits including its high protein and low sugar, this however does not taint the amazing flavour and texture that the product provides. Also available in Crunchy.
13 Health Benefits of Peanut Butter, According to Science
What are the health benefits of peanut butter? It’s a favorite childhood treat of many. But for others, it’s on the naughty list for being full of calories and fat.
Some people are trying to find alternatives. Almond butter, sunflower seed butter, soy butter… But if you don’t have a nut allergy, peanut butter is still a great option. It actually comes with many scientifically-backed health benefits.
The health benefits of a food comes from its components. And peanut butter gives you a healthy dose of almost everything. Here’s a short list of smooth, unsalted peanut butter’s nutrition facts:
Protein: 129% of DV
Dietary fiber: 62% of DV
Vitamin E: 116% of DV
Niacin: 173% of DV
Vitamin B6: 76% of DV
Magnesium: 99% of DV
Phosphorus: 82% of DV
Manganese: 189% of DV
Why people avoid peanut butter
In addition to all those great vitamins and minerals, peanut butter is full of fat. In fact, one serving gives you 130 grams of total fat. That’s 200% of the daily value! And in it, 133% DV for saturated fat!
But before you give up on the butter, the huge fear and hatred of saturated fat isn’t that justified. It is needed for healthy bones, immune system, cell production and more. (Just don’t eat too much of it!)
And peanut butter includes more “good” fats too. One serving comes with 61.2 grams of monounsaturated fat and 35.8 grams of polyunsaturated fat. These fats help lower cholesterol and blood pressure. They also reduce heart disease and may lower risk for metabolic syndrome.
Plus, low-fat peanut butter usually gives you more calories, thanks to the extra ingredients (sugar) to make up for the absence of fat.
1. Peanut butter can help with weight loss
Yes, peanut butter is full of fat but has been found to help with weight loss.
Peanuts are high calorie and energy dense. But a 30 week study showed that peanuts make you feel full for longer periods. After 19 weeks of regular peanut munching, resting energy expenditure was increased by 11% too.
The weight loss benefit is supported by a study published in the Obesity journal. Of the 8,865 adults in the 28 month study, those who ate nuts at least twice a week were less likely to become overweight or obese.
Nut-eaters had a 31% lower chance of weight gain. Those who never ate nuts and gained weight gained an average of 424 g or more. The researchers concluded that regular nut consumption is associated with lower risk of weight gain. The difference is around 5 kg or more!
For snacks, try spreading peanut butter over celery sticks. You’ll get crucial dietary fiber and maybe even cancel out the calorie intake.
2. Peanut butter can lower blood triacylglycerols
Triacylglycerides are a type of fat stored in our bodies. Level of triacylglycerides are influenced by your fat and alcohol intake. A high level can lead to hardening of arteries. This is associated with high blood cholesterol levels and other heart diseases.
Low fat diets actually increase triacylglycerol levels in your blood. High monounsaturated fatty acid (MUFA) diets, on the other hand, lower cholesterol. As we know, peanuts are a great source of MUFAs.
One study looked at the cardiovascular disease risk profile of 4 cholesterol lowering diets. Three were high MUFA diets:
- American Heart Association Education Program Step II diet
- Olive oil
- Peanut oil
- Peanuts and peanut butter
The high MUFA diets had 13% lower triacylglycerol concentrations than the Step II diet.
Olive oil was able to decrease cardiovascular disease risk by 25%. Peanut butter came in second place overall with 21%. However, PB wasn’t as effective at increasing HDL (“good”) cholesterol levels. Although, it was still beneficial.
The researchers concluded that a high MUFA diet is more heart healthy than a low fat diet. So it’s true that you shouldn’t cut all fats from your diet!
3. Peanut butter can prevent gallstones
Gallstones are quite common. Some people develop one gallstone, while others develop multiple at the same time.
There usually aren’t any signs or symptoms. But when there are, you experience sudden and intense pain in the upper right of your abdomen area. You can also feel pain below your breastbone, between shoulder blades and in your right shoulder.
Doctors aren’t sure yet why gallstones form. It could be due to excess cholesterol or bilirubin. But regardless the cause, peanut butter seems to help!
Researchers looked over twenty years worth of dietary data from the Nurses’ Health Study. They saw that women who ate at least 1 ounce of peanut butter (or nuts and peanuts) each week had a 25% lower risk of gallstones.
One ounce (2 tablespoons) is the perfect amount of peanut butter.
Another research team reinforced the fact that nuts are rich in compounds that protect against gallstones. Nut consumption leads to a lower chance of cholecystectomy, or gallbladder removal, too.
So, pack a peanut butter and jelly sandwich once per week and you’ll be good to go. Just make sure you use whole wheat bread and natural jelly. And if you’d like some more, munch on some peanuts when you’re bored.
4. Peanut butter can lower the risk of Alzheimer’s
Alzheimer’s is the most common form of dementia. Along with other age-related cognitive decline, many experience memory loss and worsens over time.
As of now, there is still no true cure. However, there are treatments for the symptoms that can slow the worsening of the disease. There are also multiple foods that claim to help prevent Alzheimer’s. They range from caffeine to vinegar.
Researchers from the Chicago Health and Aging Project looked at diets of 3,000 people over age 65 years old. Their cognitive abilities were also tested over a span of 6 years.
The research, published in the Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry, showed that those with the highest niacin intake (22 mg per day) had a 70% lower chance of developing Alzheimer’s.
Peanuts are a great source of niacin, also known as Vitamin B3. Eating around a quarter cup per day reaches the daily recommended intake (16 mg for men and 14 mg for non-breastfeeding women).
5. Peanut butter can reduce risk of stroke
Many people drink red wine because it can help lower brain damage due to stroke. This is due to a flavonoid called resveratrol. It increases levels of an enzyme that protects nerve cells.
Studies have also determined resveratrol to improve blood flow to the brain. This greatly reduces risk of stroke, according to a study in the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry. The lead researcher hypothesized that resveratrol stimulates the production of nitric oxide. This molecule signals muscles surrounding blood vessels to relax, thus increasing blood flow.
Resveratrol has also been found in peanuts! Unfortunately, it’s not much. One ounce of red wine provides at least 75 micrograms of resveratrol. But one ounce of peanut butter only has around 50 micrograms.
Still, regular consumption of peanuts and/or peanut butter can still be helpful. After all, peanut butter is chock full of magnesium. And according to the American Society for Nutrition, magnesium is associated with reduced risks of ischemic stroke.
6. Peanut butter can increase heart health
Our heart is, well . . . the heart of our health. Cardiovascular disease is often linked to other conditions, such as high cholesterol, diabetes and more.
A balanced diet is needed for optimum health. Adding peanut butter to it will just make things better!
Many studies have shown that eating more peanuts can lower risk of coronary heart disease. Another study looked at the effect of nuts on cardiovascular disease (CVD) in 6309 women with type 2 diabetes.
Regular consumption of nuts and peanut butter showed a lower risk of CVD events. Major CVD events include stroke, revascularization and myocardial infarction. There were also lower LDL cholesterol and total cholesterol levels.
The fact that peanut butter can reduce risk of coronary heart disease is supported by many other studies as well. The researchers concluded that around 5 servings of peanut butter (1 tablespoon per serving) weekly was enough.
7. Peanut butter can lower risk of type 2 diabetes
Diabetes is a lifelong disease.
Most people have type 2 diabetes. It is characterized by an inability to handle glucose in blood. These diabetics produce enough insulin, but their cells don’t use it correctly. This is called insulin resistance. Around 27 million people suffer from type 2 in America alone.
Another 86 million have prediabetes. This is when someone has high levels of glucose and are at risk of developing type 2 diabetes. You are especially at risk if you have high blood pressure, low HDL cholesterol and high triglycerides.
We already know how peanut butter is effective in improving heart health and lowering triglyceride levels. In another study, those who frequently ate peanut butter had a 30% lower risk of diabetes. Nuts also have a positive effect on lipids.
Overall, peanuts make a healthy addition to your diet if you have, or are at risk for, diabetes. Just make sure you keep an eye on your calorie count!
8. Peanut butter can protect against colon cancer
Colon cancer, also known as colorectal cancer, usually affects those over 50 years of age. However, incidences are rising for those under 50 years old. In some developed countries, even likelihood of dying has increased too. Around 50,000 die from colon cancer in America each year.
Researchers from Taiwan examined more than 20,000 people (12,026 men and 11,917 women) over a span of 10 years. Throughout the study, there were 107 new colorectal cases. By using a proportional hazard model, it was shown that peanuts greatly decrease risk.
Peanut consumption twice per week was associated with a 58% decrease in women and 27% for men.
What else in peanuts is anti-cancerous?
So, bottom line: eat a small amount of PB for lower risk of colon cancer.
9. Peanut butter is anti-inflammatory
Experts published on the American Journal of Epidemiology that nuts high in unsaturated fats can help reduce inflammation.
As aforementioned, these nuts are related to lower risk of CVD and type 2 diabetes. The authors of the study looked at diets of 6,080 people between 45 and 84 years of age. They found that frequent peanut consumption is also associated with:
Lower C-reactive protein
C-reactive protein, interleukin and fibrinogen are all inflammatory markers. The levels of these markers are raised when you have: bacterial infections, arthritis, some cancers, Crohn’s disease, tissue disorders or other inflammatory conditions.
The researchers concluded that nut consumption may lower inflammation. And this is probably why it leads to lower CVD and diabetes risk.
10. Peanut butter can boost your energy
This is thanks to the amazing amount of niacin in peanut butter.
Niacin, also known as vitamin B3, help convert food into glucose. This is the building block of energy. The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has also confirmed that dietary vitamin B3 contributes to energy-yielding metabolism. And it reduces feelings of fatigue.
What other great things does niacin do?
It helps in repairing DNA and producing positive stress responses. As a result, your nervous system needs niacin to function! It’s also important for normal psychological functions. In addition, the EFSA confirmed that niacin helps maintain normal skin and mucous membranes.
Vitamin B3 deficiency is less likely in developed countries. However, the most common cause is alcoholism.
Do note that there haven’t been extensive research on the exact benefits of niacin in peanut butter. But it’s still good to know that PB is chock full of essential nutrients!
11. Peanut butter helps you build muscle
So peanut butter is great for weight loss. It’s full of nutrients and gives you an energy boost too. All great news if you’re looking to work out and exercise.
And now, it’s said that PB is a natural way to increase your ability to build muscle. It keeps your energy level high.
It’s key to eat foods with nutrients that help stimulate testosterone production. It is the hormone responsible for muscle growth after all. Some crucial minerals needed for muscle growth include: phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin E and vitamin B6. Which peanut butter has more than enough of.
Peanuts and the butter are a rich source of zinc too. This nutrient is essential in keeping your testosterone hormone at the right level.
If you’re a woman, don’t worry about the rise in “masculine” hormones. Everyone needs a bit of it to make sure bodily functions run smoothly.
So rather than reaching for testosterone supplements or illegal steroids, grab a peanut butter shake!
12. Peanut butter can regulate bodily fluids
This is thanks to the potassium in the butter.
Not only is potassium an important mineral, it’s also an electrolyte. These substances conduct electricity. It’s also present in many sports drink that work to keep you hydrated.
In addition, potassium is critical for the heart to function. It’s responsible for contractions of skeletal and smooth muscles. It’s also needed for digestive and muscular functions. This probably plays a large role in why peanut butter is so awesome for your heart!
The level of potassium depends on how much sodium and magnesium you consume. When you have a high sodium diet, you’ll need more potassium to balance it out. Other conditions can leach the mineral from you too: diarrhea, excessive sweating, malnutrition, vomiting and more.
When you have potassium deficiency, you can have hypokalemia. This condition is characterized by weakness, fatigue, muscle cramps, indigestion and abnormal heart rhythms.
Other than peanuts and peanut butter, you can get potassium from:
Meat (all of them!)
Fish (salmon, cod and flounder)
13. Peanut butter is full of antioxidants
Antioxidants seem to be touted by all health gurus. It really is a great thing though. They are able to protect you from damage by free radicals.
Free radicals are harmful molecules that can cause heart diseases, cancers and more. In fact, these molecules have been found to be responsible for at least 50 diseases. And actually, many minerals and vitamins are antioxidants. For example, vitamin C, vitamin E and selenium.
Until there is more evidence, it’s safer to get antioxidants naturally from your diet rather than supplements. The best sources are fruits and vegetables. They’re also found in some wine and tea.
And of course, peanuts. Neither the nut nor butter top the list of foods highest in antioxidants. But there’s a significant amount in peanuts.
In fact, researchers from the University of Florida say that peanuts may rival some fruits as antioxidant sources. There are high concentrations of an antioxidant polyphenols called p-coumaric acid. Roasting the nuts increase levels of this acid too. It raises overall antioxidant content by 22 percent!
And, as noted in a report in the British Journal of Nutrition,there are many great benefits to antioxidants in peanuts. It may be a factor as to why peanut butter is cardioprotective.
Real Supplements gives you the best Healthy Peanut Butter on the market today. Our top-rated lists are fresh and current so you get the best options.
We needed to put together a site we could send our friends and clients to with confidence they were getting the most updated information. We hope this site is used as a reference that will make your purchase easier and with as much knowledge as we can share.
With over 30 years experience in the health and fitness industry, we
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2023-02-04.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.