Nut Butter is a great alternative to peanut butter that can be a healthy snack, without the refined sugars and fillers.
Best Healthy Nut Butter
- A Delicious Blend of Almonds, Cashews, Pumpkin Seeds, Chia Seeds. & Flax Seeds
- This Amazing Nut Butter Blend is Great For Dipping Fruits & Vegetables
- 7 Grams of Protein Per Serving!
- UPGRADE YOUR ALMOND BUTTER: NuttZo Organic Power Fuel Nut Butter offers a smooth, tasty blend of seven nuts and seeds including cashews, almonds, brazil nuts, flax seeds, chia seeds, hazelnuts, and pumpkin seeds.
- CLEAN EATING MADE SIMPLE: No added sugar, no palm oil, 6g of protein, and non-GMO ingredients.
- PALEO-APPROVED: This USDA Certified Organic, smooth nut butter is keto-friendly, gluten-free, peanut-free, vegan, and Kosher.
- VERSATILE SNACK: Add to smoothies for a protein punch, drizzle on your favorite pancakes or desserts, spread on fruit, crackers and veggies, or enjoy by the spoonful – however you like, snack on!
- UPSIDE DOWN JAR: Oil separation occurs naturally. Upside down jar for easy stirring. Stir well and store lid-side up.
- FRESH, NATURAL, CREAMY ALMOND BUTTER: Every jar of Big Spoon Roasters Almond Butter packs the finest ingredients, unique coarse-ground texture, rich flavors & responsible production; All natural, pure almond butter
- CERTIFIED POLLINATOR FRIENDLY ALMONDS: All almond butter flavors that leave our facility feature non-GMO bee friendly, PPO free, steam-pasteurized, heirloom Mission variety almonds sourced from responsible partner farms in California; No refined sugar, no palm oil
- CLASSIC CARROT CAKE: Made with lightly toasted English walnuts, heirloom Mission almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, maple syrup, and Jacobsen sea salt, Carrot Cake Almond & Walnut Butter is like decadent, spreadable carrot cake in a jar, but it’s vegan, paleo, and contains only heart-healthy fats
- THE BEST INGREDIENTS, NO JUNK: We take great pride in using the best, all-natural ingredients out there with 100% transparency; No hidden junk, no additives; Gluten free, soy free, palm free, egg free almond nut butters
- HANDCRAFTED, ARTISANAL, RESPONSIBLE: Our crunchy almond butters are handcrafted to order with great care & in small batches; 1% of all our sales is donated to various environmental charities; Click ‘Add to Cart’ to order right away
- CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH PEANUT SPREAD, Go ahead. Put your hand in the cookie jar. Specially created for chocolate peanut butter lovers that want all the flavor but none of the GUILT! 11 grams of protein per serving plus flax added for omega 3's.
- SO MANY WAYS TO ‘N JOY, So good you’ll want to eat it right off the spoon. A delicious guilt-free treat, spread it on fruit, add to smoothies, pancakes, protein shakes, breakfast oatmeal, cookie recipes, energy bars or protein balls. Be creative!
- SAY GOODBYE TO THE CRAVING, Say hello to a delicious way to eat healthier. Tell your sweet tooth its payback time with a convenient high protein snack, health supplement, dessert or meal replacement. Crush hunger with great taste that’s good for you!
- WHOLE FOOD NUTRITION, we’ve pumped up the protein to almost double that of ordinary peanut butter using only high-quality isolate whey protein from happy cows. We boosted the antioxidants, essential fats and fiber, and banned all fillers and binders.
- INDULGENTLY DELICIOUS, You deserve MORE! We put the fun back into healthy eating with MORE fabulous flavors. So now you can look forward to living a balanced healthy lifestyle. MORE protein. MORE flavors. MORE delicious. What more can you ask for?
- SKIN-FREE, CALIFORNIA ALMONDS – We blanch premium California almonds to remove the skin to produce an ultra-smooth, no-stir, grit-free texture
- BARE ESSENTIALS - Only two ingredients; the same great taste without added sugar or salt
- NON-GMO - Our small-batch blends use only the finest ingredients
- ALLERGEN FREE – Peanut-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free
- FITS YOUR LIFESTYLE - Clean eating plant based protein that is certified Paleo, KETO, Vegan and Kosher
- 10 SQUEEZE PACKS : Includes 10x 1.15oz Squeeze Packs of Justin's delicious Maple Almond Butter
- JUST THE FACTS : Organic Maple, Certified Gluten-Free, NON-GMO Project Verified, Orangutan Friendly Palm Oil, Kosher
- BY THE NUMBERS : 5g Protein, 5g Sugar, 2g Fiber, 0g Trans Fats, 100% delicious
- MEET THE FAMILY : Try our 6 other delicious flavors: Classic, Chocolate Hazelnut, Cinnamon, Honey, Coconut & Vanilla Almond Butter
- CONTAINS ALMONDS : Produced on equipment that also processes other tree nuts, peanuts and soy
- Certified Organic Raw Nut Butter Superfood Spread
- Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Peanut-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Whey-Free, Vegan, Kosher
- 6g Protein + 3g Fiber Per Serving
- Made with 2 Raw Ingredients
- Our Promise is to NEVER Add Sugar, Preservatives, Additives or Anything Artificial while Maintaining a Delicious Taste.
- PRODUCT ISSUES? SHIPPING ISSUES? BUY WITH CONFIDENCE 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - When your keto nut butter arrives confirm it wasn’t damaged in transit and the seal is secure. If it was damaged or you don’t love our keto nut butter contact us and we will happily provide a full refund. 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Simply contact our support team through Amazon or through e-mail.
- STIR WELL BEFORE EACH USE: This product will naturally separate FOR A CONSISTENT SPOONFUL EACH TIME MAKE SURE TO STIR WELL, THE SALT WILL NATURALLY SETTLE. STORAGE SUGGESTIONS: For a thicker consistency pop it in the fridge for a few minutes (we don't recommend storing it in the fridge for long periods of time because it gets too thick), for a thinner consistency store this product in a dark, cool cupboard.
- MACADAMIA NUTS: These ultra low carb are nutrient dense super nuts which is why they're the primary ingredient in our formula.
- NEW 10oz JAR - We've switched from 8oz glass jars to 10oz plastic jars. The plastic jars are lighter & cheaper to ship so we can offer more of our delicious nut butter at the same price.
- CRUNCHY, SWEET & SALTY NUT BUTTER - A perfect snack for anyone following a low carb or ketogenic diet. Use it in your favorite fat bomb recipe. Eat our nut butter straight out of the jar, add it to smoothies or with full fat yogurt. Eat it with celery or drizzle it over a square of dark chocolate for a delicious keto friendly dessert. Made locally in Oregon, we hand grind our nuts to achieve the perfect consistency.
- 12 Ounce Jar
- A nourishingly nutty blend of some of our favorite nuts
- The nuts are dry roasted, then ground together into creamy bliss
- One-of-a-kind mix of almonds, cashews, walnuts, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, and pecans
- Pure all-natural Kevala Cashew Butter
- Non GMO Project Verified · No added salt, No added sugars, No palm oil, Gluten Free, only Cashew goodness!
- Made with hand-picked cashews, these are dry roasted and milled to produce an incredibly creamy texture spread with a natural sweet flavor
- A very nutritious and satisfying creamy nut butter, try it as a spread over toast, stir over hot oatmeal or fresh fruit, adds its nutty flavor in baking, to smoothies, ice cream, and more!
- Made in a peanut-free facility, bottled in glass jar
- Contains only dry roasted macadamia nuts. No sugar or salt needed when you use the very best.
- Perfectly pure macadamia nut butter, ideal for vegan, keto, paleo, Whole 30, low-carb & low salt diets.
- 100% plant based, cruelty free and ethically produced in the USA. Contains NO palm oil.
- Certified Kosher, soy free, dairy free, egg free with BPA free packaging.
- Explore our other flavors: Almond Butter, Cashew Butter, Pecan Butter, Peanut Butter & more.
- One 27-ounce jar of almond butter
- Oil separation occurs naturally, STIR BEFORE USE
- Made from dry roasted almonds
- Packaging might vary
- If you like Maranatha Raw Almond Butter, we invite you to try Happy Belly
- KETO BUTTER: The ultimate mixed nut butter for a low-carbohydrate or ketogenic lifestyle is made with 7 nuts and seeds including almonds, coconut, brazil nuts, pecans, macadamia nuts, flax seeds and chia seeds.
- CLEAN EATING MADE SIMPLE: No added sugar, no palm oil, 1g of sugar, 2g net carbs, 4g of protein, and non-GMO ingredients.
- KETO-APPROVED: This crunchy nut butter is keto-friendly, gluten-free, paleo-approved, vegan, and Kosher.
- VERSATILE SNACK: Elevate your favorite keto snacks with a dab, scoop, or smear. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself eating this two-net-carbohydrate treat by the spoonful!
- UPSIDE DOWN JAR: Oil separation occurs naturally. Upside down jar for easy stirring. Stir well and store lid-side up.
- RXBAR, RX Nut Butter is the almond butter that’s more than nuts. Combining tasty, high-value ingredients (like egg whites, dates and nuts) in a smooth, satisfying texture, this snack is protein-packed and tastes delicious
- Each box contains 2 multi serve nut butter jars. Perfect for on the go, afternoon snacking, ketogenic diet, quick breakfast and low carb diets. Taste great with fruit, toast, oatmeal, smoothies, protein shakes, yogurt or straight from the jar
- Made with 5 simple ingredients, this creamy almond nut butter snack will satisfy your sweet and salty craving without any of the bad stuff. Great for keto diet or low carb snack
- Gluten free, no soy, no dairy, no artificial flavors, non GMO, no preservatives, no fillers
- Perfect as part of a high-protein on the go snack, as a high-protein spread, or on its own straight out of the jar. Stir the jar well before eating
- Creamy Almond Butter
- Made with Roasted Almonds
- All-natural almond butter
- Smooth and unsalted
- 10 SQUEEZE PACKS : Includes 10x 1.15oz Squeeze Packs of Justin's delicious Cinnamon Almond Butter
- JUST THE FACTS :Organic Cinnamon, Certified Gluten-Free, NON-GMO Project Verified, Orangutan Friendly Palm Oil, Kosher
- BY THE NUMBERS : 6g Protein, 4g Sugar, 2g Fiber, 0g Trans Fats, 100% delicious
- MEET THE FAMILY : Try our 6 other delicious flavors: Classic, Chocolate Hazelnut, Honey, Maple, Coconut & Vanilla Almond Butter
- CONTAINS ALMONDS : Produced on equipment that also processes other tree nuts, peanuts and soy
- The ultimate paleo and keto snack on-the-go- A great energy source while fasting or following a low-carb diet. Our keto butter contains a dynamic trifecta of healthy fats, protein, and fiber to help keep you feeling fuller longer.
- Great for everyone—Keto, Paleo, Diabetic, Whole30, Low Carb, or Vegan diets can enjoy this superfood fuel to support your metabolism and brain function. This high-density energy keto nut butter will give you a boost whenever you need it!
- Delicious & no sugar added– Our nut butter blend has an irresistible flavor that satisfies any cravings without any odd or bitter aftertaste.
- Knead and mix well- This smooth and & rich is best when kneaded well. Make sure to knead our keto butter blend for a delicious no cheat treat to add to your favorite foods.
- Our promise— If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, we will make it right. Simply contact us and we will refund your order. No return necessary.
- DELICIOUS & SATISFYING - Fuels your power not your cravings, don’t cheat with glucose and endurance gels that simply get you high then send you crashing. Pro athletes say the ingredients in Performance keto friendly nut butter make the best low carb snack for diabetics and competitors - elevating energy, while satisfying your salty and sweet tooth, so you defeat the temptation to cheat on a ketosis diet, without the stimulants, sugar or crash!
- 100% REAL, 100% NATURAL – No Sweeteners, No Added Sugar, Gluten free, Soy Free, Keto, Paleo, Vegan, Whole 30, Kosher, non GMO, no Artificial Flavors, No Preservatives, No filers. Just real natural and organic greatness!
- PERFORMANCE OPTIMIZED – Blended For Greatness: While most nut butters simply focus on taste, our sports performance biomedical engineer formulated the only energizing diet pouches with a PERFECTLY BALANCED fatty acid profile that promotes decreased inflammation while supporting maximum ENDURANCE, STAMINA, POWER & SPEED. Believe us, your body will thank you.
- EMPOWERING BRAIN FOOD – Focus, Clarity & Mood: Studies show Macadamia nuts, Cashew nuts and coconut’s powerful nutrient profiles contain the ideal balance of Omega-3, Omega-9, MCT, and Palmitoleic acid, empowering the stable happy moods, and optimized cognitive speed you need to outperform the competition at work, home, and sporting events.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Need to Try It & See For Yourself? Try Performance Nut Butter squeeze packs for 30 days - enjoy every last drop - feel 100% satisfied with how it enhances your power, stamina, endurance, speed, mood stability, and focus or we’ll extend a full, prompt, friendly refund or replacement – whatever makes you happiest.
- PALEO AND KETO: Made from an all-natural blend of Macadamia Nut Butter and Pecans with a touch of sea salt crystals, these fat bombs aren’t only unbelievably delicious but perfect Paleo and Keto snacks.
- ON-THE-GO SNACK: Durable and portable, our single-serve nut butter packets are perfect for hiking the Grand Canyon, a mid-day meal replacement, or a snack on-the-go! Knead the packet to mix it up, tear off the top, and enjoy!
- HIGH QUALITY SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: Made in the USA. 4 ingredients or less. No Preservatives. Gluten Free. Dairy free. Soy Free. Non-GMO. Vegan Friendly.
- NATURAL ENERGY: Macadamia nuts are known for their high-quality fat profile. FBOMB Nut Butter is a high-density, natural energy source containing 21g of Fat, 4g of Carbs, 3g of Fiber, and 2g of Protein.
- DROP FBOMBS LIKE A PRO: Whether you’re a packet squeezer or a bottom-up pouch roller, you can enjoy these fat bombs anywhere you want. We recommend dropping FBOMBS with friends, while at work, the gym, on road trip, or out on a trail.
- THE NUT BUTTER THAT’S MORE THAN NUTS: Combining tasty, high-value ingredients (like egg whites, dates, and nuts) in a smooth, satisfying texture, this almond butter snack is nutritious and tastes great.
- SIMPLY DELICIOUS ALMOND BUTTER: Made with a few simple ingredients, this creamy almond butter snack will satisfy your sweet and salty cravings without any of the bad stuff.
- A CONVENIENT ANYTIME PROTEIN SNACK: This single-serve pack is perfect for on the go; whether you’re heading to work or to work out. It’s the portable, spreadable snack that tastes good and is good for you – go ahead, eat it straight from the pack.
- ADD TO SMOOTHIES, TOAST, OR ENJOY ON ITS OWN: Tastes great with fruit, toast, oatmeal, smoothies, protein shakes, yogurt, or straight from the pack.
- ALL THE GOOD STUFF, NO B.S.: No gluten, no soy, no dairy, no artificial flavors, non-GMO, no preservatives, and absolutely no fillers. The way it should be. Plus, it’s Keto friendly and perfect for a low-carb snack.
Going Nuts — For Nut and Seed Butters, That Is
From cashew to pistachio and sesame to sunflower, seed and nut butters have become popular products that dietitians continue to recommend and that people enjoy—and for good reasons. Seed and nut butters contain healthful nutrients, come in several varieties, and can be used as a smooth, nutritious sandwich spread.
Unlike jams, jellies, butter, and margarine, seed and nut butters naturally contain healthful fats that benefit heart health, reduce the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes, and even lower the risk of obesity despite their high fat content—2 T of a seed or nut butter contain, on average, 16 g of fat.
“Each variety offers something a little different, and all are beneficial in their own way,” says Nancy Clark, MS, RD, CSSD, a sports nutrition counselor, food coach, and author. “None of the nuts in them can be labeled bad for your health, and something positive can be said about every single one of them. I think they’re actually one of the best diet foods around because you can put it on bread or crackers, and they’re really satiating. It stays with you so you’re not looking around for cookies or some other empty-calorie junk food.”
Bad Rap for Fat Content
Nut and seed butters may contain a significant amount of fat per serving, but it’s the types of fat that benefit heart health. The butters tend to be rich in both monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs and PUFAs). Both are known to decrease LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels, lowering the risk of metabolic syndrome, heart disease, and type 2 diabetes. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “Improved control of LDL cholesterol can reduce cardiovascular complications by 20% to 50%.”1
“Thirty-five percent of your diet can come from fat if it’s the healthy kind,” explains Ruth Frechman, MA, RDN, CPT, a national spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. “You’re much better off eating nut butter sandwiches vs. something like a prime rib steak. A prime rib steak can have a lot more calories than even a few tablespoons of nut butter and lack all the MUFAs.”
The type of fat, in addition to the fiber and protein found in nuts, leads to greater satiation, Clark says. One or 2 T of almond butter will keep people feeling fuller longer than a handful of pretzels will, which could explain why nuts, despite their fat content, have been shown to lower obesity rates.
In a study from the Harvard School of Public Health that examined 51,188 women, researchers found that regular nut consumption was associated with a slightly lower risk of weight gain and obesity.2 In a meta-analysis published in the April issue of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, researchers found that, on average, weight and waist measurements changed little among people who consumed a normal vs. a nut-supplemented diet.3 These findings support evidence that nuts and nut butters can be a healthful addition to an individual’s diet, even among people trying to lose weight.
While research regarding the benefits of seeds is lacking, since they have a comparable, nutrient-rich profile as nuts, they should provide similar benefits. Seeds such as flax, chia, pumpkin, sunflower, and sesame are rich in essential fatty acids that the body can’t create and must be obtained through diet alone. Like most nuts, they also generally are high in fiber and protein, making seeds a satiating snack.
Eat in Moderation
The key to gleaning the health benefits from nut and seed butters is to eat them in moderation. “The MyPlate guidelines recommend eating 4 oz of nuts or seeds per week, so you can incorporate nut butters into your diet every single day. Just stick to a couple of tablespoons,” Frechman says.
Dietitians can suggest clients choose natural nut or seed butter varieties to avoid the unnecessary added sugars and trans fat. Manufacturers add trans fat, or hydrogenated oil, to keep the oil from separating during storage, explains Nicole Morrissey, MS, RD, LD, director of nutrition services and diabetes education at South Haven Health System in Michigan. To keep the oil from separating during storage and avoid having to stir the nut or seed butter before serving, recommend clients store the jars upside down when not in use, she says.
While the Nutrition Facts label may list 0 g of trans fat, read the ingredient list. “Products containing less than 0.5 g of trans fat per serving aren’t required to disclose their amounts on food labels,” Morrissey explains.
A wide selection of nut and seed butters lines supermarket shelves. Here, Today’s Dietitian discusses the health benefits of some of the most popular varieties that RDs can share with clients and patients.
For many people, peanut butter was and still is an emblem of youth. But because of the increasing prevalence of peanut allergies among children, parents have had to find alternatives.
Of course, if allergies aren’t an issue, there are health benefits that can come from eating peanut butter. A study in the International Journal of Obesity and Related Metabolic Disorders found that peanuts themselves can increase metabolic rate. When subjects consumed 505 kcal (+/- 118 kcal) of peanuts daily for 19 weeks, their resting metabolic rate increased by 11%, and that was without exercise.4
“There are three principal mechanisms that have been identified for explaining the lack of influence of peanut butter consumption on body weight,” says Richard D. Mattes, MPH, PhD, RD, a professor of nutrition science at Purdue University. “One is a high satiety value, so you offset somewhere around two-thirds of the energy of the nuts or nut butter just by spontaneously eating less at other times of the day. For whole nuts, a second [mechanism] is that we don’t chew them especially well, so we lose 5% to 15% of the energy just in the stool. And then there are multiple studies that report there seems to be a rise in resting energy expenditure rate from daily consumption. The mechanism in that isn’t entirely clear, but it’s intriguing.”
Peanuts also contain one of the highest amounts of protein per serving among nuts and seeds—although it should be noted that despite their name, peanuts technically are classified as a legume as opposed to a nut. However, common usage throws them into the latter category and, according to the USDA, peanuts account for 67% of total nut consumption. When comparing peanuts with the other 33%, the 7 g of protein they contain in a 2-T serving puts peanut butter at the top of the nut butter scoreboard.
Despite the healthful benefits of peanuts and peanut butter, some RDs favor walnut butter. “At the top of my list for nut butters would be walnut butter because it contains the greatest amounts of omega-3 fatty acids,” says McKel Hill, MS, RD, LDN, a health and wellness coach at Health to You in Nashville, Tennessee. “These are important in our daily diets, and most of us eating the standard American diet lack omega-3s.” Omega-3 fatty acids have anti-inflammatory properties that make them an important nutritional recommendation for patients suffering from inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, such as Crohn’s disease, lupus erythematosus, multiple sclerosis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
Not only do walnuts contain omega-3s, they’re also abundant in polyphenols, or antioxidant compounds. A recent study published in Food & Function found that walnuts, when compared with nine other types of nuts, were loaded with the highest number of polyphenols.5 That’s good news for both walnut lovers and people and patients trying to lower heart disease risk. Polyphenols have been shown to decrease blood cholesterol, improve blood flow, and reduce inflammation.
Although walnut butter isn’t always conveniently found in stores, it’s not difficult to make at home, though people may wonder why they should go to the trouble of making it when the nut itself suffices. Turning walnuts into a butterlike consistency makes it easier to turn them into a healthful, ready-to-go meal. People can spread walnut butter on thinly sliced apples or whole grain bread, giving them a layer of manganese and plant-based protein. They also can add a tablespoon or two to a fruit smoothie recipe for breakfast.
Almond butter has grown in popularity as one of the most nutrient-dense tree nuts eaten today. “One ounce of almonds contains about 50% of the daily value of vitamin E, which studies show can possibly reduce the risk of heart disease, and the antioxidant works to support healthy skin and hair,” Frechman says. Almond butter also contains a significant amount of calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorous, and iron, all packed into a 2-T serving.
The butter may be particularly beneficial for clients at risk of high cholesterol. Researchers at the Clinical Nutrition and Risk Factor Modification Center of St Michael’s Hospital in Toronto found that adding almonds to patients’ diets can significantly reduce coronary heart disease risk factors, which they link to the MUFAs, protein, and fiber that almonds contain.6 “Almond butter is highest in fiber and lowest in saturated fat,” Morrissey says, noting that even the most healthful of nut butters contain saturated fat, which should be limited in the diet. “Calorically speaking, all fats offer the same number of calories per gram, so portion control still should be emphasized.”
Nonetheless, she explains that fats provide flavor and satiety and are essential to good health. “For those that enjoy nut butters, I think there’s something to be said about learning the fact that satisfaction from food can come in small portions,” she says, adding that of all the nut butters, the almond variety serves the most noteworthy nutrition.
Pistachio butter has been found to positively impact blood glucose levels. A study published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that consuming 56 g (approximately 2 oz) of pistachios along with high-carbohydrate foods significantly reduced postprandial glycemic response.7 For diabetes patients, pistachio butter could help reduce blood glucose spikes.
Pistachios also have been shown to benefit cardiovascular health. A research review published in the American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine found pistachio consumption to be associated with decreased LDL cholesterol and triglycerides and with increased HDL cholesterol, all important for lowering heart disease risk.
Compared with other nuts, pistachios are significantly high in lutein, an antioxidant typically found in leafy greens. Lutein is known to protect against free radical oxidation of LDL cholesterol, which is important for reducing inflammation and arterial plaque buildup. Suggest to dip apple slices into pistachio butter for an excellent source of copper and vitamin B6 (20% Daily Value), manganese, phosphorus, and thiamin.
Sesame tahini is a seed butter made from lightly toasted, hulled sesame seeds, which contain unsaturated fat and healthful doses of magnesium and iron. Sesame seeds also contain sesamin and sesamol, two unique lignans shown to lower cholesterol.
In a study published in Nutrition Research, researchers asked subjects to consume 40 g (about 1 1/2 oz) of ground toasted sesame seeds per day. By four weeks, average total cholesterol was 6.4% lower than baseline levels, and LDL cholesterol was 9.5% lower than baseline levels. Patients were then asked to resume their normal diets without the sesame supplementation. Four weeks later, the subjects’ cholesterol levels returned to baseline levels.8
These LDL cholesterol–lowering lignans also have been shown to have possible anticancerous effects. Lignans are phytochemicals similar in structure to estrogen, which enable them to bind to estrogen receptors. This gives lignans the qualities that can protect against hormone-related cancers.9
As demonstrated in the study, eating sesame seeds provides healthful nutrients, but the outer layer of the seeds is difficult for the body to absorb. Crushing and grinding the seeds, however, allows the body to absorb the nutrients more easily. This process also yields a paste that can create an ingredient for sauces (see Maple Tahini Blueberry Oatmeal recipe below).
All nut butters are versatile and add creaminess, heart-healthy fats, fiber, and protein that often aren’t found in regular cream sauces and recipes, RDs say. Eat them in moderation, as they can serve as a healthful way to add richness to any dish or a satisfying snack on their own.
Real Supplements gives you the best Nut Butters on the market today. Our top-rated lists are fresh and current so you get the best options.
We needed to put together a site we could send our friends and clients to with confidence they were getting the most updated information. We hope this site is used as a reference that will make your purchase easier and with as much knowledge as we can share.
With over 30 years experience in the health and fitness industry, we
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2021-09-21.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.