- 1 Probiotics
- 1.1 Best Probiotics
- 1.2 What Are Probiotics?
- 1.3 Top Benefits of Probiotics
- 1.3.1 Promote a healthy microbiome
- 1.3.2 Weight Loss
- 1.3.3 Keep temporary inflammation in check
- 1.3.4 Reduce fatigue
- 1.3.5 Balance your blood sugar
- 1.3.6 Improve the appearance of your skin
- 1.3.7 Balance Immune Function
- 1.3.8 Enhance nutrient absorption
- 1.3.9 Allergies
- 1.3.10 Fight bad breath
- 1.3.11 Mood Disorders
Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for your health, especially your digestive system. Probiotics are often called “good” bacteria because they help keep your gut healthy.
- Shown To Support Immune and Digestive Health
- Supports A Balanced Digestive System
- Boosting your immune system
- Preventing and treating urinary tract infections.
- Improving digestive function.
- Healing inflammatory bowel conditions like IBS
- Managing and preventing eczema in children.
- Aids in the fight of food-borne illnesses.
- 100 BILLION PROBIOTIC FOR WOMEN AND MEN: A High Bifido formula with 100 Billion CFU Guaranteed and 34 Probiotic Strains from Clinically Studied Species and Eastern European Wild Kefir Culture, plus Vitamins, Minerals, Raw Fruits and Veggies and Enzymes
- CLINICALLY STUDIED WHOLE FOOD PROBIOTICS: Many factors compromise your body's defenses; Help restore good bacteria in the GI tract with Clinically Studied B. lactis, L. acidophilus, L. paracasei and B. lactis—all in 1 small, easy to swallow capsule
- DIGESTIVE ENZYME SUPPLEMENT PLUS FRUIT AND VEGGIES: Includes a Protein-Digesting Enzyme Blend with Digestive Enzymes Protease, Acid Protease, and Protease S, to support healthy digestion and nutrient assimilation—plus a blend of Raw Fruits and Vegetables
- PROBIOTIC POTENCY GUARANTEED THROUGH EXPIRATION: We begin with high levels of probiotics to ensure viability, even if the product is warm for a few days during shipment—especially during summer or in warmer climates; Shelf stable, no need to refrigerate
- THIRD-PARTY CERTIFIED NON-GMO AND GLUTEN-FREE: Proudly manufactured following current good manufacturing practices (cGMPs) and Third-Party certified, so you don't have to settle for less than Non-GMO Project Verified and NSF Certified Gluten Free
- LOVE YOUR GUT, LOVE YOUR WHOLE BODY: Our Dr. Formulated Once Daily Women’s Probiotic has prebiotics and probiotics for women, with 16 diverse Lacto and Bifido strains for digestive health—including an acidophilus probiotic strain—all in one capsule a day
- LET’S HEAR IT FOR THE GIRLS: Our Once Daily Women's probiotic supplement is doctor formulated for women's specific health needs, promoting her health with vaginal probiotics—that is, L. reuteri and L. fermentum—strains Clinically Studied for vaginal health
- YOU GO GIRL: What a relief—our one a day provides Organic prebiotic fiber to help feed good bacteria in the gut and Probiotic strains hand selected for their potency and resistance to stomach acid and bile; Does your probiotic align with your health goals
- IMMUNE SYSTEM SUPPORT WITH CONVENIENCE IN MIND: Our 50 Billion one a day probiotic for women's immune health comes in a shelf stable, easy-to-swallow vegetarian capsule, so it's just one and done—CFUs guaranteed with our patented no refrigeration bottle
- EXPERTLY FORMULATED PREBIOTIC plus PROBIOTIC: Proudly doctor formulated, Third Party Certified Non GMO, NSF Gluten Free and Carbon Neutral and Vegetarian, Dairy Free and Soy Free; Capsules may be opened and probiotic powder mixed in your favorite juice or water
- BENEFITS: Just 2 capsules a day helps you improve gut health, soothe bloating and indigestion. Natural herbs keep night sweats at bay, ease joint pains.
- INGREDIENTS: Thermogenic Probiotic blend (L.Gasseri, B.Breve, B.Lactis) 68.2 billion CFUs per serving, Turmeric Curcumin standardized to 95% curcuminoids, 100% organic Moringa Oleifera leaf extract, pure Curry Leaf extract, Bioperine black pepper extract, Sunflower Lecithin Booster, DRCaps
- DIETARY FEATURES: This menopause supplement bundle is 100% natural, soy-free, gluten-free & GMO-Free. Hormone & estrogen free.
- RETURN POLICY: Our products are meant to be consumed within 30 days after opening thus we are not accepting returns to ensure that only the highest quality products go to our customers. If you have any concerns, send us a message by reporting a problem with your order, select 'Other issue' as the reason, and select 'Contact seller'. Our dedicated Customer Service team will get back to you within 24 hours!
- PROMOTES DIGESTIVE HEALTH: Featuring probiotic FOS, Swanson's Dr. Stephen Langer formula is specially formulated with diverse strains to promote digestion, gut health, and immune support using ingredients you can trust.
- POWERFUL FORMULA: Our natural digestive supplement features 16 strains of probiotics — almost 4x the strains of other popular formulations — with 3.5 billion CFUs per capsule, supporting comprehensive probiotic nourishment.
- DOSAGE INSTRUCTIONS: Our wellness supplements offer everyday solutions for an enhanced mind, body, and home using only the purest ingredients. For best results, take one veggie capsule per day with water or juice.
- OUR QUALITY COMMITMENT: For nearly 50 years, Swanson has delivered science-backed health products worldwide. Each wellness supplement is made in our GMP certified facilities, and our purity and potency testing includes independent third-party labs.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: At Swanson, we guarantee that every health product is made from the purest, freshest ingredients. If you aren't satisfied with any product(s) purchased within the last 30 days, return the unused portion to us for a full refund.
- Up to MAX 200 Billion CFUs: Need to step up to greater support? Vitalitown has upgraded our 120 Billion Probiotic, higher potency and smaller bottle. 200 Billion CFUs Probiotic is formulated to give you an intensive digestive and immune support when you need it most.* It’s specially made for both men and women with unsurpassed quality & value. All Vitalitown products are 100% vegan and contain no GMOs, gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, or peanuts.
- Probiotics + Prebiotics + Digestive Enzymes: Our 200 Billion Probiotics is enhanced with natural plant-based digestive enzymes and water-soluble prebiotics fiber to help reduce gas and bloating.* The three works synergistically to maximize their strength and help maintain natural gastrointestinal tract balance.* Ultra Strength 200 Billion Probiotic is here for the maximum reinforcement of gut health and immune function.*
- Intensive 200 Support*: This probiotic is specifically formulated to provide maximum support when your gut flora has been compromised by travel, stress or antibiotic use. Pop 200 Billion CFUs probiotics and let them replenish the good cultures in your gut.* Get you back on track after disrupted daily routines. Be it holiday hangover, or travel diarrhea. Vitalitown 200 Billion Probiotics eases your tummy troubles, helps you eat without upset, and restores your natural immune barrier – gut.*
- Shelf Stable & Delayed Release: Our shelf-stable probiotics is protected in a moisture-tight bottle to ensure probiotics stability. Delayed-Release Technology allows probiotics to survive stomach acid and reach deep into the intestine. Refrigeration is recommended but not required.
- The Way To Vitality: Here in Vitalitown, we believe nutrition is an important part of feeling healthy, active, and energetic which defines Vitality. We have been committed to providing high-quality supplements curated for your unique needs, bridging the nutritional gap and adding a dash of vitality to your life. All our products are made in the USA and tested by third party for purity & potency to ensure that each and every bottle of Vitalitown products represents the highest standards.
- Powerful Digestive & Immune Supplement: Our daily probiotic for women, containing 50 billion CFUs from 16 clinically proven strains, helps support digestive and immune health*.
- Vaginal & Urinary Boost For Feminine Health*: Our industry leading probiotics with specially selected Lactobacillus rhamnosus and Lactobacillus reuteri may help boost a healthier vaginal flora and urinary tract*.
- Carefully Formulated With Prebiotics & Cranberries: Prebiotics provide necessary nutrition for probiotics to thrive. Probiotics and prebiotics work together to deliver digestive health benefits*. This carefully formulated blend is also enforced with organic cranberry extract to help maintain vaginal health and relieve urinary tract infections*.
- Delayed Release & Shelf Stable: The delayed release delivery allows probiotics to remain intact in stomach acid and reach your intestinal tract alive for optimized potency. Doctor's Recipes Women Probiotics is shelf stable and is your best choice at home or on the go.
- Proudly Made In The USA: Our advanced strength formula is loaded with the highest grade & naturally sourced ingredients in FDA inspected and GMP certified facility in the USA. Doctor's Recipes Women Probiotics is 100% pure, natural, vegan friendly & NON-GMO with no soy, gluten and dairy.
- DAILY HEALTH CARE - 300 Billion CFU probiotic capsules for your gut health. Take two 300 billion CFUs probiotics and prebiotic every day to protect your gut healthy. 12 unique probiotics strains and high-quality probiotics are good probiotics choices for women and men. The probiotics compound promotes the diversity of the gastrointestinal and improves the digestive system.
- SUPPORTS DIGESTIVE HEALTH - Our probiotics are a completely natural nutritional supplement. 60 capsules of intestinal probiotics are filled with the highest quality active probiotics, which help to balance the intestinal tract and support your gastrointestinal health. Works synergistically to support gas & bloating.
- ACTIVE PROBIOTIC - RSETU's digestive probiotics are supported by science and technology, each containing 300 billion living probiotics. Advanced delayed-release capsule technology is used to ensure that live probiotic and prebiotic strains survive in gastric acid and reach the colon. The refrigerated bottle provides a stable shelf life without refrigeration.
- MOST BENEFICIAL PROBIOTICS - Easy to swallow oral capsules are suitable for women and men. Take daily to promote intestinal health, allowing the body to better absorb essential vitamins and minerals from food.
- NATURAL SUPPLEMENTS - These probiotics are formulated from natural ingredients and can be taken by vegetarians, 3rd-party tested for purity and potency. Each probiotic supplement is carefully manufactured by an experienced team in the United States in a GMP-certified facility. All its ingredients are GMO-free.
- GUT HEALTH & IMMUNE SUPPORT (1) The gastrointestinal microbiome is active in the digestion of food; absorption of nutrients & supports tissues lining the immune system (1); Ultra Strength Probiotic 10 supports a healthy digestive; immune & upper respiratory systems for whole-body well-being (1)
- MULTI-STRAIN PROBIOTIC (3) Nature’s Bounty Ultra Strength Probiotic 10 contains 10 unique probiotic strains to supplement the natural diversity of your GI microbiome; supporting healthy digestion and overall wellness (1)
- 20 BILLION LIVE PROBIOTIC CULTURES Each capsule contains 20 billion CFU (colony-forming units); guaranteed upon date of expiration; these good bacteria provide advanced support for your digestive system; maintaining a healthy gut (1)
- NEW ONE-PER-DAY FORMULA Adults should take one capsule per day; preferably with a meal; to support digestive; immune; and upper respiratory health (1)
- OVER 20 YEARS OF RESEARCH & 50 YEARS OF QUALITY Our unique formula is supported by years of advanced clinical research and delivers unsurpassed quality & value; Ultra Strength Probiotic 10 offers a quality probiotic supplement you’re looking for; from the brand you trust
- Digestive Enzymes + Probiotics + Prebiotics: Convenient 3-in-1 gut support solution for relief from occasional bloating, gas, and discomfort from hard-to-digest foods.
- Lab Proven Multi Enzyme Blend: Shown to digest foods up to 39% more completely and 2 hours faster than your body can on its own. Perfect for gluten exposure or Keto and Paleo diets. Lactase, lipase, bromelain, and other enzymes for great digestion.
- Clinically Proven DE111 Probiotic: Guaranteed to arrive alive and work within hours in small intestine where 90% of nutrient absorption occurs.
- Botanical Bounty: Turmeric, Ginger, Green Papaya, Inulin, Apple Pectin, Bladderwrack, Fennel, and Wakame all aid gut health and stomach comfort.
- 100 Count: We suggest taking 1 capsule before each meal or drink to experience digestive delight.
- WORLD CLASS STRAINS BACKED BY SCIENCE: Probiotics formulated by an expert team: neuroscientists, microbiologists, chemists and researchers, dedicated to health and wellness, with Dr. Preferred Probiotic Strain for Respiratory Health; Package may vary
- MORE CLINICALLY STUDIED STRAINS: Renew Life Ultimate Flora Extra Care 30 Billion CFU Probiotic, for men and women, has more clinically studied strains than the leading brand; 2020 Delicious Living Award-Winner in the Digestive Health category
- DIGESTIVE AND IMMUNE SUPPORT FOR ADULTS: This probiotic supplement supports digestive and immune health with 30 billion live cultures from 12 different probiotic strains, in a smaller, easier-to-swallow capsule
- NON-GMO PROJECT VERIFIED: This daily probiotic for women and probiotic for men contains a blend of 12 different strains, including the number 1 most studied strain; Gluten free, dairy free, soy free and Non-GMO Project Verified
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: We are so confident of the potency, quality and purity of our Renew Life probiotic, we guarantee 100% live cultures through expiration
What Are Probiotics?
According to the World Health Organization, probiotics are living microorganisms that when consumed in sufficient numbers can provide excellent health benefits that go beyond basic nutrition. Probiotics are cultures that have been shown to provide specific health benefits such as supporting digestive and immune health and contributing to the maintenance of a balanced gut microbiota, which is important for the proper functioning of the digestive system and the entire body.
By now you’ve probably heard of the microbiome, the community of trillions of microorganisms that live inside and on your body. But did you know that microbes are so fundamental to life that they outnumber human cells by 10 to 1?
Our microbiome is full of all kinds of microbes, both good and bad. When our microbiome is balanced, the good guys work hard to keep us vibrant and healthy. However, when too many of the bad guys are hanging around, the good bacteria lose their footing and can’t do their jobs properly.
The good news is that we can swing the balance of the microbes in our microbiome in favor of the good guys by consuming probiotics, or beneficial bacteria. Probiotics work to replenish the beneficial bacteria in our body and provide a myriad of important health benefits.
Top Benefits of Probiotics
Probiotics are live bacteria (found in foods like kefir, yogurt, and kombucha) are essential for good gut health. And if you consider that your microbiome (all of the bacteria in your body) is a mix of good and bad bacteria (like the kind that makes you sick), it’s important to have enough of the good bacteria so your body will function properly.
Probiotics do much more than alleviate stomach problems. While most people just thought of probiotics as beneficial for digestive health, your gut is connected to your entire body.
As a result? Emerging research suggests they help prevent a wide range of conditions, starting with these five.
Promote a healthy microbiome
From modern diets filled with sugar and additives to exposure to antibiotics in both medicine and food, your lifestyle can wreak havoc on your body’s delicate balance of bacteria. Even aging, stress, environmental toxins, and medications (such as antacids, birth control, and steroids) can have indiscriminate effects on your healthy microflora balance.
When the good guys are overwhelmed, your microbiome can quickly shift and create issues that are less than ideal. Luckily, consuming probiotic supplements can increase your body’s levels of healthy bacteria and encourage optimal conditions in your body.
Taking a probiotic can lower your body weight and body mass index, Probiotics can also improve your blood sugar control and affect sensitivity to leptin (a hormone that helps regulate appetite.) This is key for anyone struggling with type 2 diabetes.
Keep temporary inflammation in check
By supporting immune system, probiotics can help to alleviate temporary inflammation—improving the health of your bones, joints, skin, and other areas of your body.
In a study published in Gut Microbes, researchers measured participants’ levels of temporary inflammation before and after taking Bifidobacterium supplements. By the end of the 8-week trial, inflammation levels significantly decreased in the probiotic group, proving that these good bacteria can effectively keep temporary inflammation in check3.
Have you ever felt tired even after getting enough rest? Well, it turns out that a balanced gut can help reinvigorate you. That’s because fatigue (and the resulting irritability) are often signs of poor digestion, which occurs as a result of an unhealthy gut.
Recent research highlights the connection between probiotics and energy. Scientists at National Taiwan Sport University administered Lactobacillus plantarum to mice for six weeks. At the end of the trial, the mice showed increased grip strength, muscle weight, and endurance; and decreased fatigue4.
The good news? Taking beneficial probiotics can help give you energy and support your body’s ability to properly digest and process all the healthy nutrients you eat so you can regain your vitality.
Balance your blood sugar
Did you know that probiotics can help balance blood sugar levels? Yes, gut bacteria communicate with your cells to send chemical messages throughout your body. This communication process, in turn, enables your body to support and maintain healthy glucose levels.
Taking a daily probiotic ensures that enough of the good guys are working on your behalf to optimize all of your body’s processes;
Improve the appearance of your skin
It’s not just about vanity! Your skin is your largest organ, and it protects your body from countless external threats. But, what many people don’t realize is that your skin is an important reflection of your internal health. Skin problems can result from nutritional and hormonal imbalances, as well as immune system disruptions, all issues that begin in the gut. By helping you to better absorb the nutrients from your foods and supporting immune system response, probiotics can reduce temporary inflammation and help you achieve healthier-looking skin that glows.
Skin conditions like psoriasis, eczema, and rosacea can be troublesome, to say the least, but some studies suggest that the right strains of probiotics can help. It reverts to the whole idea of inflammation. And since some skin conditions, like other health issues, stem from inflammation, minimizing it can be a skin savior.
Balance Immune Function
Tired of feeling sick and run down? Research has shown less of an occurrence of upper respiratory infection after the use of probiotics,” And it makes sense why: Probiotics are a better type of bacteria, they can help prevent infection. Making sure you have a better balance of bacteria can also ward off issues like the cold and flu.”
Can you believe that the vast majority—approximately 80%—of your immune system is located in your gut? Because so many of your immune cells inhabit your intestinal tract, a healthy and balanced immune response is largely dependent on strong communities of beneficial bacteria existing within the gut environment.
A high-quality supplement (preferably with multiple strains of good bacteria) works to crowd out the bad guys and support the foundation of your health at its core.
Enhance nutrient absorption
No matter how many superfoods you eat, your body won’t be able to benefit from them if your gut environment isn’t teeming with healthy bacteria. You see, enzymes and digestive bacteria break down the food you eat into molecules that make their way into your bloodstream to nourish your body. Inadequate or unbalanced microbial populations in the gut can derail this process and can even lead to malabsorption of critical nutrients.
A daily probiotic can help your body naturally absorb all of the goodness from your food and supplements so that you’re getting the most out of your efforts to stay healthy.
A study published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that allergy sufferers who took a supplement of a probiotic called B. lactis once a day for 8 weeks were far less sniffly two months down the road than those who didn’t. People who took probiotics also had decreased levels of pro-inflammatory markers, the researchers say. That could be because probiotics alter the permeability of the intestinal wall, and help to keep pro-inflammatory compounds from entering the bloodstream, says nutritionist Molly Kimball, R.D.
Fight bad breath
You may be surprised to learn that our mouths are home to an incredible amount of bacteria. Studies show that certain probiotics, like Streptococcus salivarius K12, can help support the oral microbiome by suppressing the growth of bad breath-causing microbes2.
Unlike mouthwash or mints that simply mask bad breath odor, probiotics can help overcome this occasional, yet embarrassing, issue by encouraging long-term equilibrium of oral bacteria.
Your “gut feeling” is more than just a hunch. In fact, your mental and emotional balance hinge on a healthy gut environment. The good guys in your intestinal tract produce hundreds of nervous system chemicals that regulate your moods. Indeed, almost 95% of your body’s serotonin—the happiness chemical also found in the brain—is manufactured by your gut bacteria, so replenishing them often is one of the best things you can do to support healthy emotional function.
In a study of 40 people without mood disorders, those who took a probiotic supplement every night for 30 days felt happier and reported feeling generally happier and less bothered by life’s problems than those who took a placebo. Other research suggests that probiotics can help lower levels of depression, stress, and anxiety.
Real Supplements gives you the best Probiotics on the market today. Our top-rated lists are fresh and current so you get the best options.
We needed to put together a site we could send our friends and clients to with confidence they were getting the most updated information. We hope this site is used as a reference that will make your purchase easier and with as much knowledge as we can share.
With over 30 years experience in the health and fitness industry, we
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2023-06-10.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.